Who the HELL is Vade? [pt. 2]

I had listened to what Abel was telling me carefully. Even if I tried to actually pay attention, I couldn't. My thoughts kept lingering back to Jade. No, that's not right... VADE! Vade has dated CJ before? They split? She was on the run? Questions flooded over my body. I needed to know more. I thoroughly thought about asking some of these questions until deciding I would restrict myself.

"And she called today." Abel finished off his sentence with a rough edge. I shook my head for a moment. I didn't catch the last bits about why she called. I just wanted to think about her. How did she meet CJ? Why'd they split? Is she still in love with him? I couldn't help myself. She peaked my interest in a way many people fail to. It was almost as if she wasn't real, just an figment of my imagination. Or a cartoon animation thingy.

"So Vade and CJ used to be close... He's never told me about her."

"He despises talking about her. He claims that she was reckless and he couldn't get that spark after the things she did. I really have to go now, cya Y/N," the phone rang loudly.

After our call ended I had so many ideas. I got to work on what she might look like. She had to be someone CJ would be into. Someone who listened to Pierce the Veil, perhaps. I got out a few sheets of loose paper and got to work. The messy lines of the sketch covered the pages. Each drawing had a beautiful woman presented on it, thr woman represented some type of story.. just jot the right one.

I set the pencil down and looked at each drawing. They weren't great but I could go off of them.

"Vade.. the name is so familiar.." I mutter quietly.

Picking up the scattered papers, I head to my room and hang them up. They don't have any genuine meaning. They probably never will. My eyes fall on one drawing. One with a fierce looking woman. Her glasses hold a square frame and her hair is long and dark. The pencil markings on that particular drawing are a lot more sharp than the others. I look at that picture more closely. This looks realistic enough. This could actually be what she looks like. I ponder on the idea of Vade. Her hair flowing so majestically in the wind. Her voice cutting through with every sentence.

Vade.. Vade.. Vade...

She floods my mind even as I try to sleep. I pull a pillow over my head hoping somehow that will block out her name. Her name has been ringing in my ear ever since the phone call. I can't take it anymore. I've heard her name somewhere else, I swear I have. I crawl out of bed, a blanket wrapped around my shoulders and huddle to the family room. I immediately start rummaging through the books on the shelf. The dust of some of the books makes me cough. I stop at a book with a broken spine. It seems to have collected the most dust out of them all. I grab the book and sit myself on the ground. I open the book until I find what I'm looking for..

♧♧♧♧

I lay on my back as I replay what just happened in my head. Me and Vade are official again. She allowed me an offer I couldn't refuse. Memories run through me like fluid. I remember her Ruby red eyes and how they pierced mine. Her perverted ways and behavior. The way her hair sat right behind her. I let out a sigh as I give myself time to think.

My house seems awfully loud today. The floorboards creaking, the fan twisting around, the curtains moving so perfectly. It felt weird. A good kind of weird. Maybe being with Vade again would be nice, I think as I sit up carefully. I allow my eyes to travel to the side table. My eyes land on one thing: the smiley face necklace. The smiling half looking at me. I stared at it for a moment. Y/N.

♤♤♤♤

I looked through yearbooks for hours. I didn't find anything. I didn't want to exactly find a particular thing. I just wanted my mind to find some peace. And it worked. My brain was distracted by all of the faces as I recall memories of my elementary school years.

I look through my yearbook for high school. I begin to wonder about what my former classmates could be doing right this second. I turn the page trying to think about what my old colleagues look like now.

Big Mistake.

I'm here again. So I tried to work harder and not make an itty bitty chapter that wouldn't add to the plot.😃
Anyway.. Thanks for being patient
<3
Word count:819