An Almost-Reunion

I collapsed into his arms. The feeling of warmth began to spread through my body as he stood in shock. My grin grew wider and wider with each second I held him. His face began to soften and he hugged back awkwardly. I dont blame him, it has been a while.

"So, what brought you here Y/N," a confused expression growing on his face. "I wasn't expecting you to be here.." he muttered the last part.

"Well,, I came back to apologize! The fight we had was partially my fault, and I wanted to just make sure you're doing good."

I let him out of my embrace. My smile not faltering once. He gestured for me to come in. I'm glad he did, the wind was beginning to pick up and I began to shiver. I walked into the same house I walked in not too long ago. But it doesnt feel the same. The place is actually clean, a scented candle is on the coffee table, and his records are neatly stacked on each other.

"So... how're things with ya?"

"Meh. I just have to tell you this before you get too comfortable. You can't stay for long."

I cocked my head to the side, confuzzled. Maybe he had something going on this evening. I wanted to hang around here for the rest of the night. I should learn to keep those kind of thoughts out of my head, they continuously get me in trouble.

"Why can't I stay longer?! Do you possibly turn into an ogre at a certain time of day," I tried to bring up the mood a little.

He sighed, clearly not happy with what he was about to tell me. He is probably the most optimistic person I know, so for him to seem upset? Smashes my heart into tiny shards.

"Actually, I have a date tonight. It's not that I don't trust you being here, but she might wanna come back to my place and get the wrong idea."

Shattered.

My heart sank to the floor. I almost sank to the floor. CJ.. a date.. with somebody else..? I know it sounds horribly selfish, but I want him to myself. My feelings towards him haven't been this strong until now. I feel guilty, almost. Maybe I did something wrong to make him lose whatever interest he had in me.

I nodded and looked him dead in the eyes. What made that moment even worse? I was on the brink of crying, and when I looked up.. he was already staring. I looked away quickly, avoiding any contact with him. My bottom lip began to tremble as I stood up.

"Y/N, you don't have to leave yet. We can catch up on all the things we've missed! It'd be fun, like how it used to be."

He watched me rise from my seat. Why did I not notice it before? He obviously wasn't interested. I obviously became too attached. So quickly, too. It's not like me to act this way.

"Hey, hey, hey, HEY! Are you crying, what's going on? What can I do to make you feel better?"

Sadness filled CJ's eyes as I rubbed my eyes. Looking at him like this made me feel bad. I didn't mean to put him in this position...
I was never supposed to..

SHIT. Now his eyes are filling with tears..

Shit
       Shit
              Shit
                      Shit...

"No.. it's nothing, really!" My voice trembled before him. My sentences were quick and choppy. I can't believe I'm crying in front of him.

"My allergies are starting to catch up with me.. yeah! I should probably go home and take my pills. Cya around CJ! Ha-ve fun on your date."

I ran out of his house so fast, leaving him in the dust. What the HELL was I thinking?! Why can't I keep it together?! That's embarrassing.. especially in front of him!

I continued to run down the sidewalk back to my place. Feeling worse than before I went to visit him.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Y/N left so abruptly, it began to freak me out. Was it something I had said? Was it the shock of it all? Was it really their allergies..?

I decided on not overthinking the situation and believed them. I wiped my eyes and walked back to my room. My brain was at work, trying to process what just happened. I sat on my bed with my chin in my hands. I feel bad for Y/N. I wouldn't have expected that to happen in a million years.

My phone buzzes; a text from Vade. I leave my phone where it is. That's when I see it.

My half of the smiley face that Y/N gave me.

>sorry if this seems out of character, but I headcanon that if someone starts crying CJ will too. Crying is #contagious.

<3
816