Hey, Ruby!

Y/N

I was on the ground in my bathroom, vomiting everything I could. I was trying to shake this horrible feeling by replacing it with another one. My head was resting on the toilet as my lids grew heavier. I wasn't tired, I just felt bad. Maybe I overreacted the other day.

I sat and let my loneliness consume me as I held my head. I probably freaked him out. I allowed my body to tremble as my eyes focused on the trash can beside me. Papers were stuffed in it. All the letters I had been writing lately found their way into the trash bin.

I had the urge to break down crying, but no tears were relieving me. I closed my and let my headache continue to torture me. It hurt to move my head from this position it was in. Some of my hair slipped into the vomit filled toilet. The disgusting scent filling my nose like no other.

[][][][][][][][][][][]

I finally mustered up what little strength I had to get up from my spot. I held on to the shower curtains to keep my balance. I slowly shuffled to the sink, my phone sitting on the countertop beside it. I sighed and opened up my phone. No new text messages. Nobody wanted to hang out with me. I really didn't want to be alone today.

I messaged Ruby giving her a heads up that I would be stopping by. I looked up at my pitiful reflection. Sweat dripping down my forehead, vomit covering my face and hair, tear stains that were left on my cheek. I looked away from myself. It was almost like I was disgusted by my appearances. I clearly am.

I turn on the shower and let it heat up. I got shampoo and conditioner from out of my cabinets and set them to the side. I could feel the steam from the hot water cover my body. I removed my disgusting clothes and stepped in the shower. Instant relief washed over my body. The water hitting my body made me feel great.

I stepped out and felt better about myself. I cleaned myself up decently and was allowing my hair to dry. I looked at myself in the mirror again and I could stand my reflection this time. I walked into my room to get some clothes and returned shortly after. I gave myself a small smile and picked up my toothbrush. A disgusting taste still lingered in my mouth that gave me shivers. I brushed my teeth four times in that moment.

I walked out of the bathroom. My headache was still there but my stomach was killing me. The fridge was full of things I wasn't going to eat. I ended up finding jello cups and eating some of those. The jello sat in my mouth as I let the coldness surround my mouth. I was also planning on eating some of the pudding after taking some medicine.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I was at Ruby's apartment. I stared at her door for a little bit, unsure of what to do. I should clearly knock, but I could feel my nerves getting to me. Maybe she didn't want to see me either. In the end I knocked. Like a lot. She never answered once. She probably hates me now.
I turned my back to her door and slid down it. The pressure from my body caused the door to open. She usually always locks her door...

I stood up and walked in. Her apartment isn't that big, but I had no idea if she was out or if she was here.

"Ruby? Are you home?!" I clicked the front door shut and wandered around. I checked her room and bathroom. I couldn't find a trace of her being in there.

"She's probably at the store or somethin'," I muttered to nobody in particular. I walked into her kitchen and stepped on something. No.. not something... Someone.

I looked down in horror as I stepped back and covered my mouth. She was passed out behind her counters. She scared me so bad. I let out a sigh and crouched down beside her.

"Hey Ruby, wake up! Your front door was unlocked. Why the hell are you sleeping on your kitchen floor anyway?!"

I continued to shake her, but never got a response. I checked her pulse, her heart's still beating. I dragged her to the couch and stated at her. Ruby was never a heavy sleeper, so why was she all of a sudden? I stared at her lifeless body on the couch. Her arm dangled down to her floor. I didn't know what to say. A sense of worry began to wash over me the longer I watched her lay there.

I sat there a little longer. I didn't want to call 911 over a false alarm. Maybe she really is just a deep sleeper now. Guilt began to inject itself into me the longer I sat there. She could be slowly dying and I'm not doing anything to stop it. My legs tapped on the wooden floor and my legs became giddy. My face scrunched into a worried expression. I let my fingernails dig into my arm as I sat there. Doin nothing. Nothing.

I slowly picked up my phone. I dialed the phone number I knew all too well. 911.

"Please wake up, Ruby..!"

<3

Song: Abel

Word Count: 917

I'll be reworking my older chapters because they suck.