High School Flashbacks

I'm Vade. I'm an average high school student. Not entirely average though. Guys trip over themselves to be seen with me. My voice is breathtaking, my looks are beyond average, don't get me started on my curves.

The life everyone wants. Everyone wants to live like this. Except for me. The attention becomes too much to the extent of mental harm. I can handle it, of course. I'm just not sure if this is how I want life to always be. People wanting all of these things from me.. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I remember how it all started. I was playing truth or dare with a few close friends. It was nice outside, the wind blowing my hair around. The people outside were chatting and having fun. He was with some friends, too.

I was dared to talk to him. It was dumb. I was dumb. I felt nervous taking those steps in his direction. The tension in my shoulders made me feel even more nervous. It took all of my strength to take each step.

I remember waving to him. His hair brushing up against his face, the blue hoodie, his beautiful cyan eyes, his little fangs. That's what I called them, anyway. I complimented his hair. I didn't want to seem weird. It was the only natural thing I could bring up.

He thanked me. He complimented me back. He was more bold with what he commented on. He said I had very beautiful eyes. Shining rubies, he said. The way they were sparkling in the sun was very mesmerizing. He didn't know what that meant to me. He couldn't know what that meant to me.

He invited me to sit with his friends and talk. I remember it so clearly. The way I felt during that moment. Fireworks exploded in my brain. Sitting with this attractive guy with his friends was almost like a dream.

Weeks after we met, we became the best of friends. I found out that he was in high school, just like me. Sadly, we went to different schools. That was fine. We would meet up at an old record shop after school ended.

The record shop? Let me think..
The shop had a carpeted inside and was very spacious. The records were all lined up against the wall in alphabetical order. There was absolutely nothing in the middle of the store. All that was there was the carpet. The smell of old wood clouded my senses. The dust gathering into my nose.

I also remember an old man and a young woman there. They seemed to have worked there, but they were barely ever in sight.

When we met up at this record store, we would look at all of the old ones. Then he..
Sorry, I should probably call him by his name for you to understand.
CJ would put the records on in the store and we would dance in the middle of the place. Nobody ever really came in, so it felt as if we had it to ourselves. I wasn't complaining.

Then on that night. The night that changed everything. He pulled me in and kissed me. We were sitting on a park bench late at night. The leaves flew around us and crunched every so often.

The taste of his lips made me feel so aware. The way he gripped onto my shoulders was magical. And the look on his face at the end of it all was priceless. His goofy grin he wore often. I wonder what I looked like after the kiss. Was I heating up? Was I catching feelings? Did I already catch those feelings?

Nothing was ever the same since. Everything began to go downhill from there. I had to start shoplifting for the things I needed. I would steal clothes, food, and if I was feeling mischievous I would steal electronics and jewelry. I also stole things from my friends and sold those things to other people. This meant I got in trouble with the police a lot. Even a few days in jail. CJ didn't know about it. But he became worried when I didn't see him due to my jail time.

I also met someone else. A gorgeous person named Y/N. We didn't know each other very much, but I liked them. Not like that. They just reminded me of CJ. A lot. I asked him about it once. I asked if he was friends with Y/N since they were too similar. He said he had nothing to do with them.

I became suspicious and broke it off with him. Leaving him to lay in his misery was my last mistake. Never had I made a mistake in my life again.

Until now. I'm currently on the run from the police. Again. I stole a shit ton of jewelry from a store. I need this to sell to other people. Rich people to be exact.

I am Vade.
I am here to set the record straight.
This ends tonight...
Y/N, L/N.
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

Hey I'm here again. Another cliffhanger just for y'all 😍. Thank you for just being patient. I'm getting motivated to write again so WOOHOO!