Vade's Home

VADE'S POV!!

CJ had walked me to my doorstep, and we talked for a little longer. The air was getting colder and my hands were cramping from clenching the flowers so hard. After our conversation he walked to his car. I smiled as I watched him climb into his car and leave.

I fumbled with my house keys as the cool air picked up. I slid it into the keyhole and turned it. I heard the door click as I pushed it open. My parents were sat in the living area, a distasteful look on my father's face.

"Vade," his stern voice made me jump a little. "Throw those flowers away this instant."

I nodded. As much as I tried to convince myself that I really wanted them, I didn't mind getting rid of them.

"Wait, sweetheart! I'd like the flowers for my vase." My mother looked to my father. His eyes filled with confusion and anger.

"Why could you possibly want or need those flowers? They were a gift for Vade not you, bitch."

"But my vase is empty, and it's not like you're going to be getting me any flowers soon," she fumbled with her fingers. My dad looked away from her and back to me.

"Vade, what do you think of the boy? It's not like you're strangers of course. Though you broke up with him, you seemed to be having a good time."

I shook my head and smiled slightly. It was a big enough smile for my dad to see. He gestured for me to say something. I didn't want to anger him so I spoke.

"I don't know.. I broke up with him for a reason, Dad! I lost feelings and that hasn't changed. You're just making me humor what little thing we had for your entertainment." My mom looked at Dad. She put her index finger up to her temple and rubbed it.

"Darling, she clearly doesn't like the boy, let it go! Just because he-" my mom was cut off by Dad. "Who said you could speak, woman?"

Mom sighed and walked away to her bedroom. Dad watched her mope all the way there. He looked back to me and stepped closer.

"Hun, you know this is best for the family. That boy is what's keeping this family together."

"He's not even a part of the damn family!"

He grabbed onto my shoulders tightly, causing me to whince in pain. Frustration could be seen in his eyes. I hate seeing Dad like this, but I just don't want to do this anymore.

"Think about it! That one person in middle school.. Y/N. This'll all connect back to them. You'll get your revenge, yeah?" I stared at my feet as he spoke. "Isn't that what you've been talking about for years, you can finally do what you've been longing to do! Make her life a living hell."

"I trust that you won't let me down, Vade." With that he walked out of the room silently. I watched as he disappeared into the dark hallway, the darkness consuming him. I stared at the bouquet of flowers I never got to throw away. I set them down beside my mothers vase and walked to my room.

I flopped onto my bed, letting my heels fall off of my feet in the process. I was exhausted. Who wouldn't be? I just had to pretend I was totally into my ex because my dad wants me to. CJ is a nice guy, but he isn't my type anymore. I feel bad for him. He agreed to getting back with me.

I flipped over and thought about texting him. It would be the least I could do to make myself feel better.

My thoughts go back to what happened in his car. How I genuinely got jealous that someone gave him something so cute and nobody thought about giving me anything. I was always doing people favors and never receiving. Crazy how the world works.

I got up and looked myself up and down in the mirror. I looked good. The makeup was a little too much, but somehow I managed. I took a wet wipe from my dresser and began swiping the cloth on my face.

After, I just plopped on my bed.

And cried.
<3
Word count: 725
Song: Vade