PROLOGUE

THE ANTAGONIST

ANTAGONIST TRILOGY 1

Written by: Cxhase

***

PROLOGUE

***

     Sometimes, the greatest company in life is just yourself.

     Not everyone is blessed with someone who'll stay for better or for worse, in sickness and in health. Or maybe today isn't just the day for Allen to finally meet his one and only. Or maybe he already met the one person he is destined to be with, but the timing and choices made weren't right and the person got away.

     If that's the case, will he ever meet that one person and be able to set things right again? Or will that one person try to find him and set things right for them?

     Who knows?

     Because it is clearly certain that Allen is nonchalant about the topic and lacks the knowledge to answer each of the questions himself. Not because he can't, but because he doesn't want to.

     He would rather sit at a lonesome table in the farthest corner of a Café, just beside the window, and eat his donuts with all his heart.

     'Ecstasy!'

     'I'm in pure ecstasy.'

     Words rang in his mind as he blissfully munched on his Bavarian-filled donut. Disregarding the messy feeling he have in the side of his mouth or maybe in his lower cheek, due to the confectioner's sugar that stained his face.

     Moments later, he then realized that there is only one donut left from the trio he ordered and he is still not satisfied yet.

     "Waiter!" He called upon a Café staff that passed nearby after he used the napkin provided to clean his face and to make himself presentable for the order he is planning to make.

     The Café staff quickly heed to his calling and made their way towards his table.

     Allen quickly noticed how evidently tall the Café staff was when he stood by his side. Maybe it's because Allen was sitting. But even if Allen is standing straight with all his might even with his feet straighten up like a ballerina, the guy would still be far taller than him, for he is only 5'7 tall.

     "Yes, Ma'am?" The tall guy asked him with a simple smile on his face.

     Allen couldn't help but smile back while trying his best to stay composed while looking insanely upward just to face the guy he called upon.

     The Café staff is your typical American guy. White, tall, very tall at that, and sports a dirty blonde hair that has gone through clean cutting.

     He is wearing a white polo shirt and a black slack. On top of his clothing is a color black half-body apron that is wrapped around his waist that is horizontally leveled with Allen's face.

     The guy's junk was very much close to Allen's shoulder and with just one nudge, Allen is certain that he would be having a little bit of feeling of what is hiding beneath the fabrics.

     "I would like to have another one of this." He calmly said while gesturing to the half donut resting on the white saucer that looks very expensive.

     The waiter attentively listened to what he said and jotted down to the little notebook he is holding what his order is.

     "Right away, Ma'am." The waiter smiled at him stating that he caught what he wanted. Allen then nodded his head once. Taking a sip from his shake while watching the waiter took his leave.

     The guy is so his type and he needs to cool down from the familiar heat he is feeling. Today isn't the day for that.

     "Oh! Wait." He hurriedly said with a not-so-loud voice, just enough for the American guy to hear him.

     The guy quickly returned to where he was standing just moments earlier and asked him then again. "Yes? Is there anything else?"

     "Hmm, I would also like to have another one of this." He replied while slightly shaking the bottled shake he is currently holding that now contains only one-fourth of its original content.

     "Okay, I'll be right back in a minute." The waiter quickly wrote down his additional request and prepared to take his leave, again.

     But before the waiter was able to take a step. "And..." Allen once again made him stop with a lingering silence.

     "Yes?" Calmly, the guy asked him for the third time.

     But before saying anything, Allen first gave the guy the most charming smile he could ever make.

     Then gently breaks the silence. "I'm not a woman."