XV: Destruction

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

It was cold, the air-condition had been fully blast inside a room that screams power in every corner you looked

It was cold, the air-condition had been fully blast inside a room that screams power in every corner you looked. A lone man in the middle of his office light up a cigarette that's between his teeth and lips, he inhaled a deep breath and puffed the smoke out, releasing it expertly.

He pulled up the sleeve on his right hand and formed a fist, his wrist where the chip had been put inside of his skin made a blue hue slowly spreading on his right arm, he knew that he had been contaminated with every failed experiment he did to himself just to take the power he holds right now.

He thought he succeeded on copying the alpha chip that those two dead scientists did but the longer the chip was intact on his body, the larger the amount of damage to his immune system and it starting to spread toxic in his veins.

His thoughts disrupted when he heard a knock on his door and he quickly put back the sleeve. His assistant, bow down at him to greet him. He took the cigarette on his lips and twist it on the ashtray. "Did you get the information I'm asking about?"

"We found them." His assistant put a folder down on his table and an evil smirk increasing on his lips. "You know what to do." He said, opening the file and reading the contents of it.

His assistant bow down at him again and turned his back to proceed on the plan.

Outside the metropolis, A red haired lad who's in charge of their lookout put his goggles on his eyes and started the engine of his favorite toy. The automobile prototype reached to its highest speedometer and he started to drove around the metropolis walls.

His eyes squinted when he saw something changing on the gates, he quickly stepped on the brakes and reversed the car. Bambam clicked his tongue, as he spoke profanities under his breath. "That's strange." He then quickly went back home to update the others.

When he reached their hideout, Bambam went straight to the garage where Jennie's lab where. Fortunately the others are there. "I saw something happening at the gate!"

Jennie took out her welding mask and stopped on what she's doing. Her blonde fringe swayed from the quick movements she did. "What do you mean there's something happening at the gate? That thing hadn't opened since 15 years ago." The others went forward as well to hear the news from Bambam.

"I swear! There's something happening out there! We should tell CL about this!" Jennie grabbed Bambam on his arm when he was about to run to alert the other rebels.

"Wait no! Call Lily and Suga! Are they forgetting that they should've been the one who's giving us information about this!!" Jennie was mad as hell, the thought of those two living their life normally inside the metropolis while they're suffering here outside the city made her very furious.

Bambam furrowed his brows, he shook his head because they're probably running out of time. "Do you think this is a false alarm?! I'm dead serious Ruby! We should alert them!"