XVIII: Mania

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

In a dimly lit room, shadows played mysteriously around, offering just enough light for him to survey his surroundings

In a dimly lit room, shadows played mysteriously around, offering just enough light for him to survey his surroundings. Behind his desk, a wide glass wall framed the busy street, the city below appearing like a miniature world. It made him feel godlike, orchestrating the movements of everyone and everything. Yet, a void remained — a lack of devotion and worship. Those two scientists stood as an obstacle, and eliminating them was easy but their successor emerged resilient, like apersistent cockroach, that teenage boy always had ways to survive.

The blond man emitted a humorless laugh, his tone carrying an air of indifference. Perhaps the resistance was necessary. G-dragon known as the autocrat, he took a leisurely sip of his scotch, a lazy smirk playing on his lips. A knock echoed through his office as he awaited the arrival of a newcomer. "You called me?" A figure bearing a striking resemblance approached, hands casually tucked into his pockets.

"I need you to bring someone here for me."

The young man shook his head in defiance. Another request to satisfy the whims of his only remaining family. "I'm not one of your men," he spat, wearied by the madness that even alcohol failed to numb.

G-dragon placed his empty glass on the desk and glanced briefly at the young man before swiveling his chair to face the city beyond the enormous glass wall. "She's at your school."

"She?"

A silent chuckle emanated from the autocrat, the indifference sending shivers down the young man's spine. Aware of his uncle's madness, what he heard next filled him with dread for the life of that girl. "Don't we need a queen for a king to truly rule a kingdom?"

꧁༒♕ꕥ♕༒꧂

Taehyung's irritation hung in the air like an unsolved puzzle, his squinted eyes fixed on the man relishing the black bean noodles that Lisa prepared for them. Despite the brewing tension from the black hair lad, the unbothered munching continued. The brunette, catching onto Taehyung's annoyance, sighed, rolled her eyes, and decided to ignore him.

Attempting to eat the noodles in front of him, Taehyung groaned, his chopsticks threatening to snap with every frustrated clench. Unable to tolerate his childish behavior any longer, Yoongi set his chopsticks down and questioned, "What's your problem?"

Taehyung, with an exaggerated slurp, gulped down the noodles before pointing his chopsticks dramatically at Yoongi. "You have the worst timing. I was about to whack your head right now—Aaw!! What was that for?!" He turned to Lisa, who had just smacked his head, her cheeks flushed from the earlier incident.

Following their brief moment after the band's performance, the two were caught by the man who is now currently enjoying their discomfort, sporting a triumphant smile on his thin lips. Yoongi crossed his arms over his chest, he couldn't resist a teasing remark, "It wasn't even amusing to see. You guys could've put on a better show,"