XVII: Impulse

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"What are you doing?! Stop it!"

Jungkook put his hands inside his uniform's front pockets. His sharp scrutinizing gaze never left the two bickering students not far from him. His eyebrow rose when the tall lad try to take the boxes away from his secretary. The job was appointed to her for a reason, so why is she being disturbed by someone who's not even a part of the student council department?

He was about to move away from his spot when he felt a nudge from his side. "You okay? You looked tense brother." Jungkook almost rolled his eyes, because what is his ginger head sister doing here? She's supposed to be on the backstage to ensure that everything is set for this afternoon's event.

"Nothing. Are the schedules set for today? Please tell me you fix everything I told you." Jungkook took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. All of these things happening in his surrounding makes his head hurt.

"Yeah, Yoongi helped me with it." She replied with a shrug. "I didn't know mom and dad is on the vip list. They're coming as well?" Chaeyoung then remembered what she saw earlier. They're parents are always busy with their job, they couldn't even come to any of their parent and student meeting before when they were kids that's why it was a surprise for the eldest.

Jungkook put his glasses back and with little care he replied stoically. "The autocrat will be here." Apparently the Jeons along with the Kims are one of the cofounders of The Parallel City, that's why they follow the most powerful man in the city like a loyal dog.

"He is? That's very unusual."

"It was strange for me too but I heard he will be visiting his nephew."

They have a few short memories with the most powerful man in the metropolis. The first one was when they were just little kids, their parents often take them to the Lair where they do their job and there's a spacious room for kids there to play, the autocrat was still young by then but his domineering aura never once changed, he always wore that lazy playful smile when he take a brief glance at them through the glass wall every time he walk passed by but his gaze, it was dark, cold, and sharp. Never once he spoke to them but he knew them by their names and parents. The last one was when he attended the school entrance ceremony 3 years ago. In which the rumor about the autocrat and his nephew popped out, but that thing wasn't confirmed up until now.

"Is that even true? The autocrat doesn't have any family left."

"What if that's what he want us to think? It's impossible to not have an heir when you're building an empire."With a slight smirk Jungkook continued to tell his thoughts to his sister. "One of us is related to him. Though I don't know why they're still being secretive with it." He put his hands inside his slacks front pocket and observe his surroundings. Students are still busy with their own tasks, and Jungkook was still trying not to pay attention to the brunette and the raven haired lad.