XIX: Desire

A/N: I miss this book so much! I swear I can't wait to write the two chapters left! But here I am want to inform you that... You all had a second lead syndrome on the first book, and I'm giving it to y'all again on this sequel, because I'm that cruel. *evil grin*

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Because he didn't choose you," she told him, honest and straightforward. When she realized what she had said, her face turned beet red with embarrassment.

She quickly defended her foolish mouth. "I mean, why would she not choose you?"

Taehyung, cupping his face, peeked at the blushing brunette. He gently held her and turned her body towards him, his hands cradling both of her pretty cheeks. "Because you're meant for someone else in my dreams, but here in our reality, the stars be damned, but you are mine."

"Lisa..." He called her name affectionately, leaning in until their foreheads touched. "I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all that you will be." He lovingly caressed her cheek with his thumb.

She was about to say something when...

"Tae, your wrist," Lisa exclaimed, her senses heightened the moment she noticed something unusual on Taehyung's hand, just next to her face. "Why is your chip glowing? I thought it was broken?" she asked, her confusion evident.

This time, Taehyung furrowed his brows and examined his wrist. He gently released her and stepped backward. "Strange, I couldn't activate this for the past months. Well, I don't even know how to use this."

"What?" Lisa didn't catch his last words, so she asked again.

"Oh, I said I don't even know why it's glowing now."

Concern etched on her face, Lisa reached out, gently taking his hand and inspecting the glowing chip. It emitted an eerie light, pulsating with an otherworldly energy.

As they stood there in the dimly lit room, the air tinged with uncertainty,

"We've been investigating the chips for years because their invention coincided with our people's suffering." As she observed the small chip planted on his skin. It always amazed her that an object as small as this had the power to destroy lives. "The microchips were more than just a fashion statement; they were the key to a life of opulence and privilege."
The room seemed to hold its breath as Lisa's eyes met Taehyung's, a silent understanding passing between them.

In the heart of the city, the higher ranks proudly displayed their wrist-mounted tokens, symbols of their elevated status. These fortunate individuals reveled in every pleasure the city had to offer, from luxurious mansions to exotic entertainment. With a mere swipe of their wrists, they could purchase anything and command an army of devoted servants.