XX: The Rescue

CHAPTER TWENTY

As the vehicle came to a halt, the red-haired lad pushed his goggles up onto his head and glanced back at the four passengers

As the vehicle came to a halt, the red-haired lad pushed his goggles up onto his head and glanced back at the four passengers. Their faces were drained of color, as if they were on the verge of vomiting.

After the conversation between Lisa and V back at the campus, they went to find Yoongi while contacting Bambam and Hoseok, who were just outside the school's premises. The four of them found themselves crowded into one vehicle, each shooting heated glares at the driver.

"You idiot! Who told you to drive like a maniac?!" Lisa, the first to regain her composure, moved to the front and delivered a swift smack to the back of her cousin's head.

"The metropolitan police were on our tail! What was I supposed to do?" Bambam whined, nursing the bruised spot on his head.

"You were speeding, you moron!" Yoongi tossed the box of tissues towards Bambam in frustration.

"Alright, that's enough. We need to―" Hoseok's attempt to intervene was cut short as he fought back the urge to vomit, glaring accusingly at Bambam. Sheepishly, Bambam quickly vacated the driver's seat to open the back door for their group.

If Jennie's safety hadn't been Hoseok's top priority, he might have throttled Bambam then and there. After Bambam graciously opened the vehicle's door, he saluted each of them, perhaps trying to make amends for his reckless driving. Upon their arrival at the hideout, they were greeted by a few members of the rebel society, including Seokjin and Irene, who stood at the forefront.

"Oh, Lili! I've missed you! Thank goodness you're alright," Irene exclaimed, rushing over to embrace her childhood friend. Seokjin followed closely behind, offering his own greetings.

"Let's convene in private and prepare the others for evacuation in case we need to relocate to a safer location," Lisa suggested, meeting Seokjin's gaze. With a nod, Seokjin motioned for Irene to assist Bambam in informing the others.

"Let's head to the lab," Hoseok declared, leading the way with a slightly pallid expression, his frustration with Bambam still evident. Stupid, reckless Bambam.

As they entered the lab, tension hung heavy in the air. Seokjin strode purposefully to the bank of monitors, tapping commands into the console. A hologram materialized at the center table, drawing V's attention. He stood to the side, his gaze fixed on the image projected before him.

Lisa approached him, her concern evident in her expression. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked softly.

V tore his gaze away from the hologram, offering her a faint smile. "I'm fine, Lisa. Just lost in thought."

Lisa gently placed a hand on his arm, squeezing it reassuringly. "We'll figure it out, Tae."

With a nod, V returned her smile. "You're right," he murmured, though his thoughts lingered on the troubling image before him.