Here We Go...

He shakes it off and thinks to himself, "For every question is an answer. So, why not try some questions"?

Riff glides his fingers along his lips. Breathes out heavily, to proceed with his question. The first goes to Amanda, "What do I see when I look at you? What do I feel when I'm with you?" The next question going to both of them, "What's does my presence give you as I stand before y'all? Can you tell me something? Anything of what things that I may be thinking and why?"

The girls look at each other confused.

Riff observes and smiles slightly. Having a memory in mind which is false, "So what can you say to make me a believer"?
Riff knows the answer to the questions. Stands there ready for the answers.

As they look at each other. Calliope and Amanda standing there pondering. They turn to Riff. Amanda steps forward. "Why ask these questions? Your not making any sense".

Riff smiles.

Calliope looks at Riff carefully. Reading him like a fine-tooth comb. She smiles, Clearing her throat.
"How interesting".

Riff looks at Calliope with a bigger smile, with his undivided attention. While Amanda stands fast with a scowl. Riff pays close attention to the room. "How"? Noticing the lights are slightly flickering as the mood intensifies. Calliope looking beautiful, smiles.

Calliope with a knowing look on her face. "You're not convinced we aren't who we're supposed to be"?

Riff just stands with a smile. "Why"? Thoughts gathered in his head with another false thought in mind.

Calliope walks up closer. Amanda gets angry, "You're too close".

Calliope not caring about what Amanda's saying walks how she feels. Stops to look at Amanda. Then continues to closer to Riff.

Riff is as focused as a razor, picking up on things all so carefully.

Calliope wrapped her arms around his neck. Her face is a slight distance from his. As if they were going to share a passionate kiss. She looks at him and moves her face next to his ear. Speaking lightly into it.

While that's happening. He's watching Amanda. As she stands there with a scowl not doing a thing.

Riff wonders why isn't she doing anything. Fearing he may be altering the outcome. Says nothing and just observes.

Calliope continues speaking. As she talks to Riff, he paid close attention to the feeling, the speech being spoken.

They look at each other with a level of intimacy, that goes beyond the ideals of a friend. Involved in her explanation. Even to the part of the level of commitment, she ensues in him. Riff finds her to be all wrong but yet so right, warm, and comforting. He thinks to himself, "Had this been real? It would have been something, but it's not"?

Riff gently shakes his head. Places his hands on her hips, moves her back. Calliope looks at him in shock. "Excuse me?"

Calliope gives such a strong expression of being insulted. Riff smiles and shakes his head. "You almost had me".

Calliope with a strained exaggeration of discontent. "What do you mean"?

Riff Smiles. "That's what I mean. If God was trying to control such things. He would have done so in such a better manner, especially in executing particular tasks. Having me completely enveloped in a particular character. To get me and to keep my undivided attention. The kids, you did a fine job. But even I saw through that. Playing with my heartstrings isn't going to get you leeway".

Klaus pops in, "So what gave it away"? Klaus hopped around, smiling.

Riff pressed his lips tight together. Clenching his jaw. "Calliope was a great play and I purposely remembered certain things wrong because of what you said earlier".

Klaus stopped bouncing around. Moves closer to Riff with a smirk. "So what is it that I said? Pray tell" .... He laughs a bit.

"YOUR MIND IS OURS, sounds familiar. Riff stated calmly. Klaus's eyes opened wide in shock.

Klaus laughs, moving his hands back and forth. Dropping the room in complete darkness. Followed by a flash of light. Illuminating the entire room. No one is present in the room but Riff. While just standing there wondering what's next.

To be continued