Turn too...

Waking up in an apartment. Riff head spun and wondered what the hell is going on. To sits up on the floor holding his head with his eyes shut. Slowly he opens them.

To see both Amanda and Calliope standing over him. Waiting for him to come to. Riff looks over, about to say a word. Amanda runs over to cover his mouth.

Amanda breathing heavily. Being face to face. Yelling at Riff, "When are you going to fucking learn? How long are we going to keep doing this"?

Riff pushes Amanda off. Calliope grabs Riff from the floor and pulls him into the bathroom. Riff confused, "Why are we here? Really"?

Calliope stares at him, moving closer to Riff. Looking carefully at his response to the situation. "What makes me so different from your wife"?

Riff standing confused...

Calliope continues, "Think about it. You're making a lot of simple mistakes and you don't see it".

Frustrated, he yells in a low tone. "What do y'all want from me?; I stay put. Do my best with what little I have and it's still not enough. I make sure not to cross boundaries. Be a friend to you, a husband to Amanda. But yet I'm still fucking up. What the hell are y'all talking about"?

Calliope holds his face touching nose to nose. "If that's so then why am I here instead of her"?

Riff pulls his head back and squints. "You reacted faster and brought me here".

With a sad look. She presses her lips tightly together. "Did I"?

Riff thinks about what she said. He passes out while Calliope screams, "noooooo".

Floating in the dark. Feeling a state which is closer to where he should be. But can't get there. Only being able to see what's in front of him. Seeing complete darkness.

The woman in the dark coughs. "You know where you belong. Get there, you're running out of time". Her voice is hollowing with an echo. "It has only been recently. That you've been able to hear me. So open your mind and you will see so much more.

Riff in a bit of a panic, "What am I to see, and who are you"?

The voice in the darkness, "We will see each other soon. But when we do, will you recognize me"?

It goes silent, Riff lying in limbo. Trying to connect the dots. He sees a spark and bang.

Look into a blast of light then see darkness fall once again. Confusing but familiar at the same time. The voice in the darkness faded away. As if she was opening a point or perspective to this journey.

"If everything happens for a reason. Then why am I going through all this?"

The transition from sleep to awakening is coming. What's to come next?

To be continued