Too Many Scenes

Riff wakes up with a thought in mind. "I've spent my short time-fighting fights because others were too weak to fight themselves. 30 years old and haven't had time to enjoy the simplest of things, like a friend". Depressed at the thought Riff lets out a sigh.

"The rule of thumb is the fewer people you get close to, the less you lose. The less you hurt". Another thought, heavier with a deeper sense of strain, sighing in regret for choosing such a lonely path. He looks forward to what's to come.

Upon this day, like the start of any normal morning. Riff hits the punching bag, after his intense session, takes a shower. Gets dressed and he's on his way to his favorite corner store. Where he would get his cream cheese bagel with a red bull.

Riff is crossing the street, looking both ways like normal to make sure no cars are coming. Continues across,
as he gets to the middle of the street. He hears a bus honking maybe 3 feet away. A flash of bright light is seen.

As Riff sits and looks around. All that could be seen is endless light. Closes his eyes to open them back up to find himself in his bedroom, laying in bed. Knowing where he is, seeing what he saw. Awaking in his room something feels off, different.

This life, his life doesn't feel like his own. Getting up out of bed. But before he gets off. Riff feels movement that rattled his nerves. Immediately looking over to his right, to see a woman lying beside him. A bit confused he placed his hands on his face. Wiping the cold sweat away. To feel a ring on his left hand.

Turning his hand back and forth. A floodgate of memories rushes into Riff's head. Filling him in with his supposed life. To remember the woman lying next to him was his wife Amanda.

Feeling withdrawn gets out of bed. Standing looking out the window in his underwear. But yet things look familiar, but unfamiliar at the same time. He walks down the hallway to feel something just breeze past him.

Immediately looking back and forth, just to see nothing. At least nothing that he can comprehend at the moment. Still feeling something's off, continues to the kitchen to see another woman. Looking beautiful, and ravishing. As quickly as she is seen, she disappears.

Mind-blowing to why? But what's even more incredible is that she looked so familiar. Riff felt an emotional connection to her.

Getting something to drink, and going back to bed. Looking at the nightstand. To see his phone, sitting there. Lighting up because he received a message, but became very hesitant to pick it up. So Riff goes to sleep.

Sunrises to its peak. The sun shone bright and strong. Lighting everything the sun could touch.

Riff finally gets up, and looks over to see Amanda is not there. The message he received earlier that morning was a message from Calliope. Saying "When you do come out here. Just call or message me".

Riff excited, quickly messages her "okay". Once the message is sent. He stops to think, "Who is this person"? Looks back to his messages to see. That there is an extensive amount of messages going back and forth. After reading through the series of text messages. Realizing they have a strong bond with each other.

Riff gets an excruciating migraine that has him fall onto his knees. Slamming his body hard to the ground, memories, and feelings charged in his head. Having him remember everything about Calliope. Imagines striking hard as nails being hammered into stone. Eyes filled with tears, as if remembering was a mistake.

As the memories flood in, thoughts are complete. Nothing but tears ran down his face with pain throughout his body. As if being struck by a truck. Nothing but confusion takes its course.

Riff laying there. Hearing voices in the distance. Trying to focus, feeling his efforts fail to recollect. Clear notes that are trying to surface. Fades away in the background and loneliness shrowds over him as comfortably as a blanket. Seemingly sheltering him from his pain, his suffering. Wondering why "Why is this my life?". Passes out, and sleeps on the floor with nothing physically covering him. Just laid out alone in his underwear, lost.

To be continued