[18]: The Day That Wasn't

~2019~

"Hmm," Madison let out a soft groan as she felt the faint scratch of stubble on the inside of her thigh. The sensation made her toes curl into the sheets beneath her body. When her eyes finally fluttered open, she senses Diego before she fully felt him where he's buried underneath the duvet. His strong and calloused hands ran up and down her legs, teasing at the hem of her sleep shorts.

For a moment, Madison is lost in her husband's touch.  

Then, it hits her. 

As if he could read her mind, Diego lifted his head up, a small tunnel forming within the blankets. Madison was able to see him clearly now. His dark brown eyes glinting in the ray of sunlight that filtered in from the window, a devilish smirk on his face.

"Your parents picked them up a half hour ago," he informed her. Madison glanced over at the clock that sat on her bedside table. It read 7:30 AM. "They wanted to spoil their grandkids for the day." 

"Diego," Madison whispered, her voice hoarse, partly from sleep, partly from the breathless wonder of his care. "Don't thank me yet, babe," Diego teases as he moved his lips down her legs. Madison sat up, Diego pausing. "But what about your arm?" Diego glanced down at his left arm. It was in a sling due to him getting shot yesterday. "I'll be fine. Just let me treat you."