[08]: The Hargreeves Wedding

~March 6, 2010~

Heather's feet carried her down the hallway of the small church. She halted by a door where the groom, Diego and Steve were in. The two were getting ready for the wedding. She raised her fist and knocked on the door. 

As Diego finished buttoning up his shirt, Steve walked over to the door. He opened it and smiled at his mom who flashed him a worried smile. Steve stepped out into the hall and closed the door behind him. "Is everything okay, mom?"

Heather shook her head. "Your sister ran away."

Steve gasped and shook his head in disbelief. "No. She wouldn't do that." Heather let out a heavy sigh. "Well, I don't know where she is. She's not in her room getting ready for her wedding. I think she got cold feet." Steve shook his head again. "She did not get cold feet. She loves Diego. He's the love of her life for crying out loud!"

Heather shushed her son, fearing that Diego would have heard what they were discussing out in the hall. Steve glanced back at the door before looking at his mother again. "Go look for her. I'll keep Diego busy long enough until you find her."

Heather pointed her finger at Steve. "Do not tell Diego that his fiancé is missing." 

"Mom, if I told him that I would have multiple knives in me right now. So, of course I won't tell him. Now go find her!" Heather thanked her son as she took off down the hall. Steve tilted his head back. "Everything's fine," he muttered to himself as he looked back down. He turned around and fixed the lapels of his jacket before opening the door. He stepped back into the room and closed the door behind him.