[01]: October 1, 1989

~October 1, 1989~

It was an Autumn wedding in the late afternoon. The rays of the sunset streamed through the glass-pane windows of the church. At the end of each seated aisle, a heart shaped wreath that was decorated with pink roses hung on the pew.

The guests of the bride and groom started to pile into the church, each thanking the mothers of the bride and groom as they took a program from them. 

Meanwhile, in the private room of the churches, the groom, Matthew Henderson was elated as he worked on tying his tie around the collar of his white dress shirt. His best man, his younger brother Luke and his friends, the groomsmen were chatting excitedly amongst themselves. Like Matthew, they too were excited that the day was finally here.

Luke walked up to Matthew who stood in front of the mirror. He finished up knotting his tie. Luke clasped his hands down onto his older brother's shoulders and shook him a little. Matthew chuckled at his younger brother's antics. 

"Are you nervous at all?" Luke asked him. Matthew shook his head before turning to face Luke. "No, man. I'm really excited. Today's the day." Luke grinned. "Today's the day, man. My big brother is finally marrying his first love." 

Matthew sighed blissfully. Today was the day he had been waiting for ever since he had proposed to his first love, Heather Williams, a year ago. He still remembered the day.