[14]: Eudora

~2019~

In the dead of the night, everyone in the Hargreeves household was asleep. In the master bedroom, both Madison and Diego were asleep in their bed. Madison slept on her stomach; Diego's arm was strown loosely over her waist.

On Diego's nightstand, the police scanner crackled to life. "Gunshots reported on-" Diego opened his eyes. Drawing his arm back to his side, he sat up and reached for the scanner. He turned the knob, the volume lowering. "400 block of Milton Avenue, Griddy's Doughnuts."

Diego glanced back at his wife; she was still sound asleep. He got up from the bed and tiptoed out of the room. 

++++++

Detective Eudora Patch folded her arms as she gazed at the body that was spread out over the table. "This is a once in a blue moon type of situation, I'd say." She bent down as she examined the snapped neck. 

Detective Chuck Beaman sighed as he turned towards her. "I'm inclined to agree."

The sound of police sirens sounded from outside Griddy's Doughnuts, the lights inside the shop flickered several times as Eudora walked over to the body that was slumped over the counter. She picked up one of the bullets that were lying next to the body, examining it closely. "Same gun on every vic, all M4s. All the casings are .223s." She straightened up, an amused smile came onto her face as she looked toward her partner. "Know what I think? I think these idiots all shot each other."