[10]: Dad Is Dead

~2019~

It was nearly eight o'clock and the night sky was picturesque. The moon, a glowing white, loomed large over a quaint neighborhood. Almost all the houses' lights on the street were turned off. All except for the Hargreeves' household. The lights shone brightly from the house.

Eight-year-old Paige Hargreeves sat on the floor in front of the entertainment center shelf. She ran her finger up and down the spines of the endless DVDs collection. She was tasked of picking out a movie to watch tonight. After reaching the bottom of the shelf, a smile grew on her face as she had finally found the movie she was searching for. She pulled the DVD off the shelf and stood up, DVD in hand.

"Mom! Where are you?!" Paige yelled from the family room. 

"I'm right here, sweetie."

Paige turned around, the smile on her face only grew at the sight of her mom standing behind the couch, with her new baby brother, Alex Hargreeves, on her hip. Paige hid the DVD behind her back and walked over to her mom. She got up close to her baby brother and tickled his stomach. "Hi baby Alex," Paige sweet talk her baby brother. Alex smiled and cooed back in response; his little hands reached out for her.

Madison smiled at the interaction. She and Diego were honestly relieved that Paige was not only welcoming of her baby brother but also very protective of him. When Madison fell pregnant with her second child, she and Diego were over the moon as they had been trying to conceive for years after Paige. But then reality set in when they realized the age gap between Paige and the baby. Thankfully for them, when they told Paige the news, she was beyond thrilled at the thought of having another sibling to play with. Despite the age gap between the two, they loved each other.