2. Trouble stays

April looked at the watch while hugging the yellow penguin plush toy for a long time.

"Just cuz you stare at the clock the time's not gonna change, why don't you give a call to your mum?" June came out after putting on his uniform, ready to go to work.

She puffed her mouth "Even dad is not calling me"

June had a complex emotion on his face. Atleast she have parents to fight with to be angry with. His parents passed away in an accident leaving him an empty apartment and an abandoned pet store. He never knew any other family members as their parents eloped and cut all the relationships with their families. He is the only person he knows of his blood in this world. Maybe one day if he has kids there would be another person of his blood.

"I've put some fried rice aside for you, will see you later, gotta leave for work" June rolled his sleeves up and was about to take off.

April sprinted at once and tugged at his shirt "Can't you just stay home for today, I'm bored" she pleaded cutely.

"It's working day I cannot close the shop abruptly, besides I have to feed them."

"Someone else can take care of it" April tried to reason.

"I've fired Neil last week" he said coldly.

"Again? June if you're like this no one else would want to work with you in the future"

June fired Neil as he was playing games on his phones instead of giving food to the puppies on time when June took the day off last week. Ofcourse June checked everything on the cc TV camera. June can forgive anything but when it comes to taking care of the pets in his store he doesn't allow for any mistakes. To him they are like a family that he never had.

Like that June went to work everyday and April stared at her phone only to find out her credit card was canceled.

"June, did my parents really abandon me like this?" April looked desperate while hugging the yellow penguin.

"Why don't you just call them and say sorry?" June advised sincerely.

"Why should I? I didn't do anything wrong" she protested.

June gave her a look as if he is calling out her bullshit.

"Alright, alright I swear that was the last time I was going to rolling mines"

"You said the same last time you were here as well" June shifted his attention to sorting out the beans in front of him.

"But what should I do? You know that I love racing, they are just afraid for nothing" she sat down on the knees infront of June as if she wants his attention.

"This time I also don't support what you've done" June said straight forwardly without any reservations. "Drinking and driving is in itself a huge crime and you are up for drinking and racing, what are you even thinking of?" slight red glinted around June's eyes.

"I..." April wanted to say something but she knew whatever she says it is of no use.

"Sorry sorry from no onwards I'd never go to rolling stones again, I swear on our friendship" she said in a whim.

June hit her head with the spatula slightly "Don't you dare make promises that you can't keep"

"Juuune, this is unfair I always keep our promises and you know how much our friendship means to me, I would do anything you say " April persisted.

"Then fill in for Neil till I select a new employee"

"Wha....." June shoved a couple of beans into April's mouth shutting her mouth without talking any further.

"You have no heart at all how many times have I saved you when you made trouble..."

June sized her up and down and she couldn't finish the sentence.

"That's right you've never caused any trouble. It's always been me right" she grinned wide.

She took the pet store uniform sulking and put on it with great distaste.