CHAPTER 10

The light remained, and the warmth continued, but what seemed odd was the wind.

I seemed to gain consciousness of my senses. I felt wind whip against my left cheek. Explosion's continued to carry out. I frowned with severe confusion.

I gasped for air as my lungs recovered from being winded.

I shot my eyes open, needing answers to my surroundings.

Building's quickly passed by. The sky approached me though. It seemed I was ascending towards the sky. I was moving towards heaven?

I heard a deep chuckle beside me. A chest rising and falling at each laugh.

'You are not in heaven.' That voice was familiar.

I both sighed and panicked. I turned my head to see that long, curved horn gold helmet. Those icy blue eyes and pale skin. The raven black hair that poked our the sides of the helmet.

I was laying in Loki's lap as he had saved me from the fall. I was bent into his arms, leaning against his chest for support. My knees folded and hung my forelegs freely over the edge. My head was supported by Loki's left arm.

My breath shortened with panic once again.

I didn't know whether I should sit up or stay where I was, providing we were flying. My muscles moved without my doing. Controlled to do what was requested. I managed to gain balance and sit aside Loki on the Chariot.

Recovering my breath and heartbeat to a steady pace, I looked over to Loki. 'Thank you.'

It was barely a whisper as my throat tightened. No one could hear me with the wind and level of my voice, but I'm sure Loki could have known what I said. I was beyond thankful that Loki had showed up and saved me when he did. He didn't give much emotion to my thanks and focused his attention below.

I looked ahead of us as tears rolled partly down my cheeks before they were blown away by the wind.

After a minute or so, I gathered myself and wiped away the remaining tears. We were flying above the buildings and observed the battle that played out below us. After I heard a decent amount of loud destruction and  crumbling concrete, I directed my attention to the chaos.

The Avengers were fighting our army on a road bridge beneath our watch. A Chitauri Leviathan slithered its way through the air towards the gathered Avengers. It was like a freight train that flew and carried its Chitauri soldiers to drop to the ground and battle, or jump onto a building and latch on, smashing windows to access humans and destroy everything.

I was hopeful and sure they wouldn't be able to take it on. I was awaiting there defeat and for them to be crushed, but as an average looking human seemed to approach it with confidence, I frowned.

I had recognised him as Banner. He was a pathetic, small imbecile.

He turned to face the Leviathan after chatting to the group of "Earth's Mightiest Heroes". It slithered along the ground as it headed for its target, crumpling the road and crushing cars. Banner started growing, his skin turned green and he developed into a large muscled monster. Green and viscous.

After he appeared fully developed, he lofted and arm and bundled a right first. He threw it at the nose of the Leviathan and crushed it's grey, metal face under the great force that was applied. This monster seemed both strong and indestructible.

As the Leviathan had been brutally slowed, the force directed it to curl and ascend into the sky above the Avengers, almost like doing a back flip. I was hopeful they would be crushed, but the metal human fly underneath the falling Leviathan and fired a small rocket that exploded under impact. It disintegrated the Leviathan and rained fire and metal debris, saving his friends from being crushed. The head rolled off the bridge and onto the shop fronts where people were.