Part 1, Chapter One

Eerie whispers reverberated in my mind. 'The universes,s,s,s needs you,u,u,u,u. Awaken,n,n,n,n!'

My eyes fluttered open, immediately singed by the bright morning light. Its unbearable intensity forced my eyes to squeeze shut, straining in attempting to adjust.

Deeply inhaling, my lungs expanded like a balloon; the air thickly flowing through my nose as my lungs deflated. I reached my arms behind my head and straightened my legs to stretch my stiff muscles.

The morning felt fresh and greeted me with its sunshine rays upon my face, brushing my cheeks as if to say hello. I smiled in return, feeling the deep rest I had endured.

I swiftly attempted to sit up. My head whacked a solid surface. Immediately dropping back onto the soft comfortable cushioning, my hand rose to the stinging area on my forehead. I opened my eyes.

A glass barrier separated me from the freedom of my movement.

My mind started to ponder. What is the meaning of this?

Attempting to recall any memories that would put the pieces of the puzzle together, nothing came to me. I met a dark abyss in the depths of my mind.

Confusion and panic settled in the pits of my stomach. My eyebrows danced, frowning and unfrowning, as I tried to grasp the odd situation I was met with. My heart raced in my chest; my breathing uneasy.

Had I become a danger? Did I harm someone? Was I held captive? Was I a prisoner?

The glass began to close in on me. My palms and forehead pricked with the threat of sweat.

Muffled clacks against a solid surface piqued my senses. They echoed distantly, implying a large area I was situated in.

Was this whom kept me restrained? Were they my captor? I shall make them pay if so. Or perhaps my blank memory should be considered, and I shall grasp my surroundings and escape, rather than wasting my time on something insignificant.

Closing my eyes, I concentrated upon my breathing. Adjusting my body to its original position, the heaving calmed, and my muscles relaxed.

I focused upon the clacks. They were like hooves. Perhaps it was a horse. Though there were only two legs, not four. It was not plausible to be four legged.

They abruptly halted, followed by whispering, barely audible with the barrier restricting it.

Did they speak to someone like me? Another captive, perhaps? Maybe this bright area held others like me under the high white ceiling.

The clacks began again, inclining in volume. They halted yet again, replaced with whispering. The clacks began and stopped multiple times, sounding distant then closer, before they halted in proximity.

Morphed mumbling was audible, with frequent hisses in the faint voice.

"Still breathing. Nothing seems abnormal. Skin is fine. Clothes are intact. All good. All checked. All done."

The voice sounded elegant yet deep. They spoke not of animalistic noises, so this creature was much alike me. It became plausible that I was held captive and restrained. By what, however, remained unanswerable so far.

The footsteps faded into nowhere. After I was sure that they weren't audible or would return, I flung open my eyelids.

With the urgent need to understand the situation, I turned my head to the side, squinting to obtain full focus upon a glass box near me.

I frowned upon seeing a boulder with part of a sword blade exposed, implying it deeply pierced the rock. It was not another like myself, but, a rock? And a sword? What is the meaning of this?