CHAPTER 16

Since I had some time, I decided to venture around the palace where I could. I had no idea where I was and even asked a few guards where I was and eventually had to ask about the bathroom I could use and the dinning area.

I arrived at the area where food was gathered for friends, visitors, and staff at the palace. I headed straight for the grapes. As I plucked one from its stem, I brought it to my mouth and bit into its crunchy skin. The softish texture followed after. The juices flowed from the luscious fruit and the crunch combined was like no other world.

I examined the room as I crunched down on the fruit. It was a gold table full of food. The floor was the same paving as the hall, much like everywhere else. The walls and columns that held the high ceilings were the same as the throne room. Every material in the Asgard palace was made form the same sandstone coloured material. I wasn't quite sure what the material was exactly, but it almost seemed like a sort of stone.

There was a view of Asgard from this room. One wall had no wall and revealed Asgard's beauty. This place seemed lovely and picturesque. It didn't just seem that way, it was that way.

I snacked on a few more delicacies and headed back the way I came. I was about to turn into the hall when a beautiful Lady was walking towards me. She gave me the most pleasant smile anyone could see.

She looked elegant and kind. 'There you are.'

I smiled and slightly frowned in confusion. 'I'm sorry, who might you be?'

The lady clasped her hands. 'I am Frigga, Odin's wife, and Thor and Loki's mother.'

I relaxed with realisation. 'Please forgive me. I am so sorry I hadn't known your majesty.'

Frigga shook her head politely. 'You are forgiven. Let me guide you, you must be lost and exhausted.'

We turned to walk where Frigga led me. I wasn't sure where we were going but Frigga tried to help me become familiar with the area, not that it was necessary or needed. She was such a kind soul.

We reached what seemed to be a room that had a fountain in its center. We sat aside it, me acting like a child and swishing my hand in the water. We had wine delivered to us be a servant.

I frowned and looked up at Frigga who delicately took a sip of her wine. 'I don't mean this as an offence or anything, but if Loki's and Thor are brothers, why do they look so indifferent from each other?'

Frigga smiled as I now took a small sip of my gorgeously tasting wine. 'Loki was a small frost giant when Odin found him, he was neglected by his blood father as he wasn't the size of a regular offspring. Odin took Loki in as one of ours and was raised here. He was the son of the king of frost giants so twas only fair to treat him as royal.'

I looked to the ground in consideration. 'That's rather kind of the royal family to do such a thing. I presume Loki wouldn't have survived being neglected as a baby?'

I looked up at Frigga in question, she nodded in response. I realised that I could take the opportunity and learn why Loki turned out the way he was, even though it wasn't necessarily my business or goal.

I crossed a leg over the other. 'Was Loki treated unfairly or differently as a child, being a frost giant and all?'

Frigga dropped her smile. 'He claims he was treated unfairly because he was different. Though no one could see a difference in him. He looked like an Asgardian. He thinks Thor was favoured over him because of who he is. Loki only seeks to have a throne. He is no different to the rest of us. He is family and he is my son, we treat him no differently.'

I noticed Frigga slightly tearing at the remembrance of Loki's actions and behaviour. She tried to state her claim about Loki being her son and loving him so, and I left it at that, not wanting to intrude in her personal life much more. However, I pieced together that Loki was the way he was because he felt as if he was treated unfairly. He may have known that all his life or not too long ago, but whenever it was, he felt different to the others.