CHAPTER 15

A/N - sorry for the late update. I have not been as motivated and haven't exactly had the most creative mind lately so it was a little tricky to do this chapter but here it is I guess, so enjoy :)

I finally reached the end of the bridge and stepped into Asgard's city. I was stepping down the stairs from the bridge as I took in my surroundings.

There was a lot of rounded archways and vines that clung to the walls. Everything was a sandstone colour. The pavement had patterns with dark grey pebbles embedded into them to create an intricate flooring.

There were people walking around, not many but a few. There clothes were earthy colours, draped in layers. Some Asgardians looked my way as I walked through the city. They gave subtle confused looks as they glanced at my clothing. White and gold didn't seem to be of a normal outfit colour.

The exit from the bridge led straight up to the palace. I walked up the stairs, finding more up ahead.

I groaned at their sight, but new it was worth it to explore the city's marvellous wonders.

I took the last step to reach the top. What appeared to be ahead of me was the palace. An open entrance led to what seemed to be a very large and tall, grand hallway.

I approached it, uncertain of what significance laid ahead. I walked till I stood underneath the doorless entry.

My mouth was agape at the marvellous height of the ceiling. Large columns with intricate patterns held them up with their strength. The floor had large paver like tiles that covered it. A pattern was made in the pavers with different and detailed tiles.

It was a large symbol of a sort. There was a curved triangle in the center, created by three branching triangles. I believe they called it a triquetra, the symbol for Asgard. It almost seemed familiar to me. Like something I had seen in a movie and never really noticed, but had seen it. Like something that was always there but I never stopped to acknowledged its presence.

Light came from every direction, the entry, the end, and clearly from the side where windows or more hallways were. Stairs led up to them on their higher level on both sides.

There were large stands that would be lit by a torch to create light throughout the area at dark. They had a bowl like top where peoples covered in oil would be. They were placed at every second column.

It was a grand sight to see.

I took a slow step to marvel at it all, my flat shoed making a light tap against the floor. Something about the place gave such familiarity to me. It felt like I had been there before.

Small footsteps sounded behind me. I turned to see a young girl run up the stairs and through the hall. Her little light blue Asgardian dress billowed behind her. Her golden blonde hair was short with her young age, and her legs didn't give her much distance with the length of the hall. She eventually reached the end. It seemed as though she ran up to someone and jumped on them. Like it was her father.

More tiny footsteps came from behind. This time I had to side step in order to get our of the younglings way. He had a small sword, light enough for a child to wield. His hair was short and blonde, like the other girl. I assumed they were siblings. Once he reached the end of the hall, he turned to the left where someone else stood.

I started walking faster to get a better view, the small figures at the end being too tiny to decipher. I had walked a few metres, the end becoming clearer. There was a throne, golden with two thick gold branches on either side that curved, sitting behind the throne.

I couldn't quite tell what the throne looked like exactly, or who occupied it, but I knew it was intricate and gold.

I tried looking for the little girl and boy, finding no sign of them. There seemed to be no extra person to the left, and no little children.