CHAPTER 18

Since it was nearing the end of the day, I decided to pass time by sleeping. That way, the next day came quicker.

Of course I couldn't tell whether it was day or night just by looking out the window, but I knew it was. There was no such thing as night anyway, the sun never set. You were situated behind a building and were shaded forever if that was where you wished to live. Or you were situated where the sun shone in your house forever.

It was the day that I got to meet up with Eir and see what she had in stall for me. I was hopeful that she had conjured ideas that opened the locked doors of my memory lane.

I went to the room where I first met Eir. I sat on a red and gold lounge chair, patiently awaiting her arrival.

When she arrived, she sat beside me. We discussed what she thought would best suit my situation from what she had heard so far.

She suggested that I was to walk around and interact with things to see if it would trigger and specific feeling or memory.

I became excited at the possibility. Eir wanted to meet again in three days to see if anything further had occurred.

I had walked almost every inch of Asgard's city to gain any sort of feeling. I touched many things, like columns or trees and even stared at any views I could get. Nothing triggered a memory or string feeling. I only had a sense of familiarity in most places amongst the city.

I was left disappointed and reunited with Eir in the third day, informing her of what I experienced.

Eir seemed to have a tone of disappointment in her own voice and expression. 'I see. Unfortunately I do not have any further ideas that may help trigger anything.'

I looked to the ground in thought. 'There are history books that I have from the library, maybe I can find out any mention of what happened in the past. I mean if my vision was a sliver of who I am, which is royalty, surely there will be some mention, right?'

Eir's eye's seemed to light up with excitement. 'Quite possibly, although I can't promise there will be. I mean we don't even know if your vision was from your past, though I am quite convinced myself.'

I exhaled deeply. 'If there is any idea, I'll take it on, because I am going to do whatever it takes to find out my past. I mean, the pieces of the puzzle are very slowly being put together with the little information I have gathered. It just isn't enough, and the evidence if who I am just isn't strong enough to convince me so.'

Eir smiled. 'I understand.'

Our session ended and we parted ways.

I returned to my temporary home, left with a blank mind on what I wanted to do. I wasn't quite ready to read the history. I was halfway through a new book, and wasn't about to skip it to start a new one.

I walked to the cozy bed and slumped down onto it, laying on my back and folding my hands at my stomach. I stared at the ceiling as I sighed.

I was going to see Shelly and James again. I didn't know when, but I knew it wouldn't be too long. It couldn't be.

My mind suddenly switched to Loki and I frowned. I wanted to pay him another visit, but why? What purpose was it to show up and have nothing much to say? Loki had his mother, surely she would visit him every once in a while.

I looked to the stash of books on my right. Sitting up, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and pushed off to force myself to my feet. I walked over to the books and picked up a random selection from the first pile.

I had two different stacks. One was the story books, and the other was the history.

Over the next few days, I laid in bed and read. I didn't feel the need or want to go socialise or do much else. I felt lazy and disappointed. So, to escape that, I read.