Prologue

Cold, cold darkness that ripped through the towns and villages ruthlessly with no second thought. Casting all inhabitants unlucky enough to fall victim to it into deep sickness or despair.

A life stripped away from the plants, animals running in anticipation of what might happen. And water leaving its streams in fear it might be corrupted. All joy that once filled the prosperous kingdom now gone.

Wars and fights, disputes that had been settled long ago starting over. All from the darkness one lonely temple brought. The temple reaching its full power would utterly destroy the kingdom and its people.

So to stop it, those realising what caused went to destroy the temple. They were not the average heroes. Some say they were a band of mercenaries looking to keep the world running for money. Others say they were simply ne'er do wells. But one thing is for certain, The world was never the same again.

Not to say that it was bad but the world was changed. There was unrest everywhere. There was no rule, no laws, no law enforcement and no one to look to in times of crises.

Famine and disease swept over everyone until one man decided to take charge of his community. The capital had already fallen and was mostly destroyed at this point meaning the village now became the new capital.

People flocked here looking for some sort of order and safety. And so it grew, the town turned into a city then became the capital. A castle was built for the leader effectively bringing in an era of prosperity and peace. The rise and the heroes who stopped lost to the sands of time.

But things if not taken care of properly might just come back to destroy much more.