40: pregnancy test

After talking with Gran I've decided to take a test.

That night I bumped into mom and I explained everything, In which dad overhead.

He was a little angry but came to terms with the idea of my pregnancy.

I really couldn't sleep last night, so here I am up early. Jaden usually sleeps in so in a little bit I'll be getting up to grab a test.

....

I slowly get out of bed and use the bathroom before getting ready, I throw on a pair of sweatpants and Jaden's sweatshirt. I head downstairs before going to the store.

I walk in the supermarket and go to the aisle with tests. I grab one before going to pay. The young girl eyes me scanning the pregnancy test, "a little young aren't you" she comments.

I smile and decide to ignore her. I pay her before leaving back home. I walk inside and go to the guest bathroom.

I pull out the test before doing my business. Once I'm done I set my timer for five minutes. Once my phone goes off my Shakey hands pick up the stick.

My heart drops.

It's positive!

My mind races so I go on my phone to text Cynthia asking if she's free. Once she says yeah I get dressed and write a note, putting the test in my purse before leaving.

I drive to Cynthia and Quinton's place. I knock and she opens it, she lets me in and I see  her and Quinton  in the living room. I sit down and take a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant" is the only thing that leaves my mouth, pulling out the test. She squeals in happiness but stops once I start crying. "Once wrong" Cynthia asks, I mumble something quietly.

"What" Quinton asks, I look up at him. "He's gonna hate me" I cry. I hear them mumbling but the only word I could recognize was Bryce.

A few minutes go by and the door opens, I stay in my position with my head in my hands, tears streaming down while I think of all the bad possibilities that could happen when I tell him.

I hear the boys go to the kitchen, a few minutes later I feel someone remove my hands from my face. "Talk, what's wrong" Bryce asks softly, I then cry harder- if possible.

He takes me in his arms and once I stop crying I explain everything. "- he's gonna leave me. I know he is. We're too young to be taking care of a child, or multiple. It's my fault,I missed the pill and I- I- I hate that" I ramble before my tears spill out again.

He wipes my face, "deep breaths ness" I nod my lip quivering. Once I'm calm, I grab the test and hand it to him. "Is this why you're upset" nod. "He's gonna leave the minute I tell him, Bryce he's not ready for this responsibility" I reason.

"Nessa, Jaden loves you more than anything. And I know once you tell him, he'll be over the moon. He would never leave you bc you're pregnant. Tell him and let me know" I nod. "Thanks bubba"I sniffle hugging him,  he nods hugging me back.

Bryce is my brother even though we're not related, kinda like Jackson and I. He's there when I need advice. Sure he's annoying as hell but he's Bryce, what do you expect?

I grab the test shoving it in my purse before going home. Once I'm home I see Jaden eating. He turns smiling once he sees me, but it quickly drops by my bloodshot eyes.

He moves to me quickly, "what's Wrong" I shake my head, "please sit down" my voice comes out shakily. He nods confused before sitting on the island seat.

"I don't know how you're gonna react once I tell you... But promise me something..." He nods.

"Promise me you won't hate me or leave me" voice cracks. "I would never leave you, I can't hate you that'd be impossible" he responds.

I nod pulling out the stick, shakily putting it on the table away from him. "I'm pregnant"

Silence fills the room and he grabs the test, "really" I nod clenching my eyes shut, tears streaming down. I fill him wipe my tears,  cupping my face, I open my eyes to see him smiling.

"You're not mad"

He frowns. "what makes you think I'm mad. Baby I'm beyond happy knowing you're pregnant with my child" he says, his eyes shining bright. "You- your not leaving" he shakes his head pulling me in for a bear hug.

"I love you and always will. Nothing can come in between us babe" I nod before pulling away. " I'm sorry for doubting you" he nods kissing me.

....

"So how'd he react" Bryce asks as I'm on the phone with him.

"He was happy and excited" he laughs, "and you thought he'd leave you" I roll my eyes.

"Shut up, put yourself in my shoes, then tell me how would you feel" it goes quiet.

"Yeah okay I understand now" I giggle, "thank you B" I say, sincerity laced in my voice. "for what" he asks, "for being my brother, being there when I need advice." I pause

Even though you're unstable yourself" I joke.

"Hey! You take that back"

I laugh loudly, "nope" I hear him chuckle, "you're welcome, and thanks for being my sister, feels nice to care for a girl besides my mother. I guess you're somewhat okay at that role" I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Shut up" he laughs responding with a no.

"So where is he now"he asks, I turn my head too see him on his computer.

"Looking for baby things since he insisted we get it done." I respond staring at Jaden whose really focused.

And he's thinking of baby names" I giggle at our little argument, he said if it's a boy he wanted to name him Jaden the second

But I shut it down, "told you he'd be happy" he says after a couple minutes of silence.  We continue to talk before hanging up. "I found a cute crib for one hundred dollars" Jaden announces.

"Jae we can buy everything later, plus we haven't figured out the gender or if it's not just one kid. Slow down" he pouts before shutting his computer.

"But I'm really excited" he says lifting my shirt before rubbing my stomach giving it a gentle kiss, "I don't know if you can hear me, but I can't wait to see what you look like. Hopefully like your mama, I love you" he says talking to my stomach. I smile, getting teary eyed.

"You're so cute" he kissessmy stomach once more quickly before looking at me. He leans up to kiss me. "You're cuter" I smile pulling him into me kissing him deeply.

Jaden knows.

Say thanks to Bryce ☺️

Please vote and comment your feedbacks pls. I love y'all! <3

We're almost to 6k reads!