The Cursed Spirit

Axle (I'm calling him Axle now) opened the article and started reading through it. It started off with the requirements to awaken Axo. There was only one requirement. Form a contract. We looked at each other confused.

"Well that has to be the worst description I've ever seen for a requirement," Buraddorufu remarked.

"No kidding," Axle replied. "What's that even supposed to mean?"

"Beats me. The worst part it that this is our only source we have. That search only gave one result." "Wait, Buraddorufu, you're good friends with Axo. Maybe you know how to justify it?"

"You're friends with Axo?"

"I am, but I can't even begin to comprehend what that's supposed to mean. Besides, I don't form contracts. Don't need them, remember?"

"Yeah, that would make sense."

"Then we need to find another source, no matter what it takes."

There was a brief silence for thought. "Hey Fang, how did you find your spirit?"

"Clarify that."

"What happened when you met Bura ... door ... rufu?"

"Just call me Bura [ブラ]."

"Oh, okay. Bura. Yeah, that's much easier."

"Anyway, he called out to me during 4th period. Only I could hear his voice. There's a shrine in the forest behind the school where I activated a rune. That's when I was finally able to meet Buraddorufu face to face."

"Maybe if we go to the shrine, I'll be able to activate the specific rune for him?"

"That's not a bad guess. Check that website for the rune he's associated with. We'll practice carving it together."

"Don't tell me there's blood involved."

"No, no. You can just use, like, a pencil or something."

"Okay, good." We started reading through the article. We read practically everything, from his backstory, to lore, to myths, even to previous encounters, yet there was no rune to be seen.

"Odd. The rune should've been somewhere on this website."

"Maybe we didn't search hard enough?"

"No, there is no sign of a rune."

"Maybe if I try this." Axo used the find command and typed in rune. There came one search result. He clicked on the down arrow of the find command. The only sign of the word rune was the rune forum, listing all the runes for summoning spirits or awakening them.

"Nothing."

"Yep, we've reached a dead end."

"Hang on, go to the rune forum."

He clicked on the rune forum button. The page loads showing off the blood rune first.

"Control F." He opens the find tab. "Type Axo."

He types Axo in the slot. 1/1 search results. He clicks the arrow and it goes down to a list. We scroll up the list and find the rune. I could feel Buraddorufu's concern. Axle just looked confused.

"No. That can't be right. I've seen Axo with my own eyes, he can't be activated with the demon scythe rune. Let me see that."

Buraddorufu takes the computer and scrolls slowly through it. Sure enough, everything he sees is correct. Axo is awakened with the demon scythe rune.