Progress?

It's been a few years since my mom was cured. She was let out on the 25th of October, the month at the time, and has been staying with Mithra. She's slowly learned how to wield Mithra's magic and weapons.

Buraddorufu and I have been training together since then and we've managed to gain an immunity in our wrists to the knives we were given. It still hurts a bit, but the pain subsides after a bit. We learned of many spells we can do with the blood, from new forgery to holding someone still using their blood.

Buraddorufu and I also started using a new weapon instead of the staff: a scythe. We've been messing around with our scythes and learned of some new techniques we could use with them. So far, we've gotten mixed reviews about the new weapon change. There were only a few people who were concerned, but everyone else thought it was cool. Axo and Axle even said we seemed like a pair of reapers, which made it seem much cooler than it already was.

Mithra has been more motherly to me nowadays. Honestly, I don't blame her, since she's now technically my mom. The first time she was this way was when we were attacked at the supermarket. She's really cautious with what I do, but will support me in my endeavors. My parents got their room changed a bit so they could stay together. Mithra seemed to be getting along better with Slasher as well, considering they're now both parents.

Everyone has been working hard to prepare for our next, and possibly final, battle against Tara. In fact, everyone seemed to be ready, but I contacted everyone just to be sure.

"Hey guys, I just wanted to check up on something. We've been working very hard, so I just wanted to know something. Are we all ready to take on Tara?"

Everyone answered yes one at a time.

"Alright, let's plan a day to fight. What days are we thinking?"

After a bit of chatting, we agreed to do it in 2 days. We put it in our calendars and I called Xelovoir.

"Hey Fang."

"Hey Xelovoir. I just wanted to inform you on something."

"Of course, what's up?"

"So I talked it out with everyone and we believe we're ready to fight Tara. We plan to do it in 2 days."

"Oh, okay. I'll need to tell Leon to see what we need to do about it, but yeah, we can get you unregistered. That is, unless you plan to return to the palace."

"Actually, we might return at some point. I believe there's still some things we could learn about our magic."

"Okay, just be sure to contact me when you decide to return so I can set up some stuff with Leon."

"Of course. Thank you."

"Not a problem. If I don't hear from you, good luck!"

I looked over at Buraddorufu as I hung up. He seemed down about something. "What's wrong Bura?"

He took a bit to respond. "I don't know. I just feel like something's off."

"What do you mean?"

"I feel like something's coming. I don't know what, but I feel uneasy."

I took a closer look at him to see if something was up. That's when I heard a pounding at the door. "This is one of the guards. You need to leave now!"

I started towards the door. "What's going on?"

"Ambush. Grab what you need, quick!"

I grabbed my bag and threw open the door. I looked out the hallway and it seemed everyone was confused, but startled.