Splitting the Party

"Okay, so for the medallion of the dark, it's me, Buraddorufu, Mithra, and Derek. What about the earth medallion?"

"Onyx and I are going for it, but that's all I know."

"Mithra, what do you think?"

"Derek, you should probably go with Viper and Onyx."

"Seriously? Do I have to? Why not Slasher? He hasn't gone out much!"

"He does make a good point. I should join you guys."

"Then I should probably accompany you, given you're my spirit and all."

"Alright, so Bura, Derek, Mithra and I will go for the medallion of the dark, Slasher, dad, Viper and Onyx will go for the medallion of the earth, and the rest of you guys can take the medallions we have now and find an open area where we can do this exorcism."

Everyone was in agreement, but Alexia seemed confused. "What how will you find us though? Doesn't the portal rune need a specific location?"

Buraddorufu chimed in. "Actually, no. That's one way to get from point A to point B, but you can also use a specific person as a reference. So in this case, if Fang just thinks of Torch hard enough, the portal will open to his current location."

"Well that's convenient. Anyway, everyone has their runes?" Everyone nodded. "Alright then, let's get going. We're in the home stretch everyone!" The medallion groups placed their runes down and the portals opened up to the respective places. We walked in, almost simultaneously.

The moment I walked in, I ran into a wall. At least, I think I did. "Mithra, I need a light."

"I'm on it." She made a light ring and tossed it to me. She made some more for Bura and Derek too. When I got the ring, that's when I learned that it wasn't a wall.

"Hey, watch where you're-" The angler fish takes a good look at me. "Why is there a human in the spirit realm?"

"We need to rid our friend of a demon."

"So why are you here?"

"We need the medallion here."

"Are you out of your mind?! That thing is heavily guarded, it's impossible to get that, especially for you! No offence, of course. But yeah, the guards would see you coming from a mile away, and that's ironic because they're bats!"

I looked around with the ring. It seemed like we were in a cavern. There were stalagmites all over the place, drip-stone seemed to be everywhere, and there were even some gems just sitting around.

"Well, has anyone ever figured out a work-around?"

"Not any that work flawlessly. It's not just the bats, but there's also a laser system, cameras, everything!"

"God, at this point, what doesn't it have?!"

"Well, it's been learned that there's no magic barrier, but no one knows how to use runes down here. I know of them, but I've never been able to use one."

"Why's that?"

"It's hard enough to see anything down here, what makes you expect that I can see the runes?"

I hesitated. "That's a fair point. Never mind then."

As the angler fish walks off, Derek speaks up. "Well this should be easy. We just have to get an idea of the area where the medallion is, portal to there, and head out."

"It's not as easy as you think. We don't have anything to draw the rune with and we only have 1 portal rune."

"Can you not reuse the runes? It's only a return trip anyway."