The Medallion of the Fire

"Alright, so this time, it's me, Bura, Torch, and Draco."

"Shouldn't Axo come with us for water again?"

"Torch can put out the fires. We'll be fine."

"I'm not so sure about this. Can't I sit out?"

"Well, Torch's magic is better powered when you're with him. I'd say it's better if you came with."

"And besides, I still helped last time, so it's only fair if you join me this time."

I opened the portal and, like the desert, you could feel the heat coming through the portal. It was literally an active volcano, so it made sense that it was hot.

"Part of me wants to grab Axo again, but he needs a break. Does anyone else here have any form of cooling magic or something?" No one spoke up. "Great."

"Let's get this over with. I already left a puddle of blood on a towel, I don't want to do it again."

We all step into the volcano and start making our way through the lava, so to speak. There wasn't much to the volcano. It was just lava and some paths. There were a few spirits around the area taking in the heat, but other than that, it was just us. It looked like this place was a hot spot for tourists; pun entirely intended.

"Hello there, welcome to the volcanic valley!" I turned around to see what looked to be a bellhop or a tour guide next to us. She had to kneel down to get to our level, which made sense, given that she was a massive dragon. "How can we make your summer here the best it ever was?" She didn't seem to care that I was human.

"Do you have a map of the area?"

"Of course!" She reached into one of her pockets and pulled out a rolled up map. I opened it up and it was a map of a theme park. Volcanic Valley. "Can I help you with anything else?"

I looked at the map before I responded. "Yeah, why is this place marked out?"

She took a look at the map, specifically where I pointed. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry."

I showed the map to Torch and he noticed the spot almost instantly. "What is this place?"

"There is nothing there. I can't help you with that."

"No, there's a spot here. I can read it, actually. It says it's the-"

"Silence.There was a brief pause. Everyone was looking at us, clearly confused. She cleared her throat. "Excuse me for a second."

She walks over to the pushes, places a device on it, and proceeds to walk back to us. The device was weird. It didn't seem to show any resemblance to anything in real life. There was a blinking red light in the middle of it.

"Speak quietly. Why do you need the shrine?"

I did as instructed. "We need to exorcise a demon from a spirit. What is that thing?"

"It's a bomb. Should we mention the shrine or anything correlating to it, it'll phantom us."

"Why would a theme park have that?!"

"This place's workforce is a dictatorship. Our manager is insane! That shrine used to be our main attraction. That was until we got a new manager. He gets all of his power from that shrine and closed it off so no one could 'steal his magic'. Bastard doesn't know how runes work."

"How do we get to it?"

"He only trusts a few people with the code to the shrine. Luckily, I'm one of those people. I can get you in there if you can take it, but you have to make it quick. There's a camera watching the shrine itself. Should that camera see you, he'll start running over here. I've learned it takes him 2 minutes to get there, so if you can get out and leave no trace of your exit, he'll be powerless. I gotta go now. Meet me here at 3:00." She pointed to a place on the map called the Hot Springs. It looked like a water park, but it was hard to tell.