T W O

The next day, I came to school late. I was so stressed and my biggest fear was showing up late to English class. Especially because of our new terrifying teacher. But I did show up late with Jasmine, no surprise. I opened the door quietly as everyone in the classroom stared at us. Like they were attacking us without saying it out loud.

"Good that the two of you felt like showing up." Mrs. Eastwood said. She didn't sound surprised, more like she expected it. I looked down at the ground and looked around for the empty seats. Fuck. There's only one available at Milan or Ryder. Jasmine went to sit with Milan even though she hates his guts more than anything.

I sat down beside Ryder and put my backpack down on the floor. He looked at me but then removed his gaze and quickly looked away again. He was such a mysterious type, what was up with him? I feel like he changes some sort of attitude every time we talk or meet.

"Well. I don't need to tell what you're supposed to be working with right now, right?" Mrs. Eastwood shook her head at us. I took my computer out and tapped my password in. Ryder cleared his throat and looked over at me. I realized that he hadn't read it before and that I needed to take care of that too now.

I sighed and got up.
"Let's go then," I told him as he got up. Before I left the classroom I walked over to Milan and Jasmine that were sitting there and doing nothing. Since they are in our group too, I needed to make them start working.

"You two, can you work on something while I help Ryder with reading it?" I asked and pointed at the book in my hand. I was praying that Milan had read it too so I didn't have to work with him too.

"I'll try." She winked at me and then smiled. I smiled back and started walking out of the classroom. I could hear Ryder's footsteps behind me, but I didn't want to comment on it or look at him. If there's one thing I hate the most, it's eye contact.

We walked down the hall and down to the library. I would say that our school is pretty wealthy. We have our library, they paid for our computers. And most of the kids that go here are rich as well.

The thing is, I'm not rich at all.

When Michael and Hailey used to live at home, I shared a room with Hailey and Benjamin shared his room with Michael. There were only two bedrooms in our apartment, so my parents slept in the living room, on a couch that was able to be pulled out and turned into a bed.

But now that Hailey and Michael got married and moved out, I share my bedroom with Benjamin in the small bedroom as my parents got the big bedroom. They tried offering the bedroom to us, but after all those years they slept in the living room, they deserved better.

I sat down on one of the chairs and pulled it closer to the table while I watched Ryder do the same. I crossed my legs and opened the book while scanning my eyes over the text so I was prepared for what I wanted to say.

For so long, I read whatever was written in the book. I was hoping that he was getting bored or tired so I didn't have to continue and that was when I decided to ask him.
"Do you want to take a break or something?" I suggested. Ryder shook his head.

"Come on," I said and forced a smile.

"Nah, I don't need one." He answered. For fucks sake, did he had to act interested right now? Bad timing, Ryder. Too bad timing. I cleared my throat and nodded.

"Or are you the one that needs one?" Ryder asked me with a smirk. When he said it like that it made me sound so unprofessional which wasn't my way of going, not at all. People would think that I'm 'overreacting' with the project, but I'm not.

I'm not able to impress anyone but myself, that's why it's so important for me to get good grades. My parents never get impressed, neither does my teacher or friends.
"Five minutes," I said and took my phone out.

I clicked on Instagram and bit my lip when I saw that my sister blocked me on everything. She always did this whenever she didn't get her way. It's not my fault that she's too miserable and tries to fuck over everyone around her. Sometimes I just wanted to beat the shit out of her.

When she lived at our apartment, she made me do every single thing she wanted to. And I just did it because I knew that if I refused to, she would get so mad at me and yell. I always got blamed for her mistakes and now that she finally moved out, she could take a hint and leave me alone.

But of course, she refused to.

"Alissa! What are the two of you doing in here?" Mrs. Gomes asked. She was my favorite teacher, she was the nicest to me and Jasmine. Other than that was she also so fucking gorgeous? She always knew the right facts and was so good at her job. No teacher could ever compare to her.

"We are working on a project," I answered. She came closer to me and looked at my computer, the google docs tab was open with a few things I had written so far. Her eyes moved to the book, Hamlet, that was laying on the table.

"Hamlet? Interesting. What do you guys think about Mrs. Eastwood?" Mrs. Gomes asked. I bit my lip while I was trying to consider if I should lie or be honest. Mrs. Gomes looked between Ryder and me while waiting for one of us to say something.

"She's fucking annoying," Ryder answered for me.

"Language, Ryder!" She gently slapped his arm. But I could imagine how curious she grew by his words. Mrs. Eastwood was quite new, and to hear that a student already dislikes her is quite weird.

"Why?" Mrs. Gomes asked.

"She gave us extra work because Jasmine is in our group." He told her. She raised an eyebrow and looked over at me.
"What's up with Jasmine?" The beautiful teacher asked me.

"I don't know, she always embarrasses in front of the class or like Ryder says... gives her extra work." I sighed and looked down at my computer. Mrs. Gomes didn't seem satisfied with what we just told her.

"That's weird. Jasmine is a sweetheart! I'll take it up with Mrs. Eastwood." She nodded to herself and put her hand on my shoulder as she gently squeezed it with a smile on my lips. Then she walked away and left the library.

"Well, I guess your break is over." He winked at me. I rolled my eyes and opened the book at the page we were on before. I started reading it up from the top to the end, and Ryder's eyes never fell away from my face. I was too scared to look up at him.

So I didn't.

That worked for me.

___________________________

Hey everyone! Did you like this chapter? I hope you did and if so, please vote! It helps me see if you enjoyed reading and if I should make more of these kind of chapters. If you vote, I really appreciate it!<3

Are y'all not in love with Alissa? Because I literally am lmaooo she's such a badass. Y'all better not hate on her or call her annoying because she definitely isn't. Do you guys have any future predictions or anything? Feel free to comment them!

I hope you guys had a great day, I love you all so much! Thank you so much for reading<3