29.

Everyone was sitting on a couch, and a new person had been added to the group. Nicole and Jimin came back after talking with each other, and everyone turned their heads toward them when they heard the sound of their footsteps. Jungkook didn’t waste a second and apologized.

“I’m sorry, Jimin.” His eyes showed his guilt. “I should’ve known there was a reason for how you acted.”

He felt remorse for lashing out at his older brother. He had assumed Jimin didn’t like his friend and acted out because of it.

“It’s okay, Kook,” Jimin said with a reassuring smile, though he still felt bad.

“And sorry to you too, Nicole. I didn’t know Namjoon did this to you, and I invited him here.” She glances at Namjoon, who is staring at his lap, unable to make eye contact with anyone.“If I knew he was this kind of guy, I would’ve never approached him to be my friend. I’m really very sorry, Nicole.”

“You don’t need to say sorry, Bunny.” She grins.

"We know everything," Taehyung speaks up. "Yes, Namjoon told us everything." Hoseok chimes in after Taehyung.

"Nicole, don't get me wrong, but I think you should forgive him." Nicole straightens her posture and was about to respond when Yoongi speaks again.

"You know I'm older than you, and I've met a lot of boys who don't care about what they do. But he has remorse."

"I agree with Yoongi. He's really feeling guilty, and trust me, I'm not saying this because I know him." Jin raises his hands in the air.

"You know him?" Jimin asks, squinting his eyes at Jin.

"Not exactly. My dad and his dad are friends, and sometimes I see him in my dad's office," Jin explains.

Namjoon looks at Nicole, who remains silent. He decides to leave.

"I think I should go now." Namjoon speaks, lifting his gaze. He stands up, ready to leave, when Nicole stops him.

"Wait! Before you go, I want to sort out everything today."

Namjoon's eyes light up at her words. "You want to talk with me? I- I-"

"Sit back, namjoon." Jin orders.

"I will be honest with you, and I'll speak in front of everyone since they know about it too." She pauses before continuing.

"When I was in a relationship with you, I used to be happy. You were my first boyfriend, and you were very sweet to me, but it only lasted a few weeks because you wanted something else from me."

Namjoon's shoulders slump. Whatever she says is true, but he can't change the past.

"I'm sorry," he speaks, barely audible.

"But I want to forgive you." Namjoon's eyes light up, he thought he could go back to nicole again.