30.

Since the party, Nicole and the others had found common ground with Namjoon, building a comfortable camaraderie. However, Jimin remained an exception. He tried his best to blend in, but something inside him resisted, leaving him unable to muster an ounce of trust for Namjoon.

Today, Nicole was getting ready for an ice cream date that Jimin had planned. Knowing how much she loved ice cream, he had suggested this outing. Nicole slipped into a blue dress, Jimin's favorite color, and applied light makeup. She debated whether to straighten her hair or leave it wavy. In the end, she chose wavy, wanting a change from her usual style.

After getting ready, she grabbed her phone and texted Jimin.

Me: Hey
You better be on time

Jimin: wait- look yourself.
You're the one who always gets
late.

Me: ohh really?
Let's see

Jimin: You know who's gonna
w

in 😏

Me: 🥴 Shut up, N bye

Jimin: Haha
s

ee yaa

“What does he think of himself, huh?” Nicole muttered, turning off her phone. "I admit, I do get late sometimes, but—" She stopped mid-sentence, scratching her head as she realized, "Okay, I get late most of the time. So what?"

She put her phone in her purse. “Anyway, I’m not gonna be late today, Mr. Creep,” she smirked and headed out from her apartment.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Nicole arrived at the ice cream parlor early, not spotting Jimin anywhere. She smiled to herself, pleased to be the first one there, and took a corner seat by a large window, hoping to enjoy the sunset while they ate. She decided to surprise Jimin with her punctuality and started scrolling on her phone to pass the time.

Half an hour passed with no sign of Jimin. The waitress approached to take her order again, but Nicole asked her to come back later. Another hour went by, and still no Jimin. Her worry grew with each unanswered call. Finally, she decided to call Jungkook, hoping he might know where Jimin is.

After a few rings, he picked it. Lots of noises could be heard from his line, and he immediately spoke.

On call

Hey, Hot Choco!

Ohh hi, bunny
(She spoke in a subdued voice)

Are you okay?
(He asked, sensing her low energy)

Yeah (she nervously chuckled)
actually I called you because...
(He cut her off)

Everything okay?

Yeah, do you know where Jimin is?