33.

Yeonjun and Nicole had just finished bouncing around at a trampoline park and were catching their breath, laughing together.

For the past few months, Nicole had noticed a change in him. He wasn't cold toward her anymore, not that he was ever rude, but there had always been a distance. Now, he asked her to hang out more often and invited her over to his place for study sessions and university events or go to her.

She would be lying if she said she didn't love these changes. Yeonjun had become distant after they both joined the university, and she thought it might be because she became friends with Emma. But despite his behavior, she never left his side. When she started dating Namjoon, Yeonjun began ignoring her whenever they were together, acting unlike himself. She had asked him about it, but he never gave her a straight answer. Now, seeing him like this made her happy from the bottom of her heart. He was the same Yeonjun she grew up with.

"Thanks for today," she beamed. "I'm really feeling good now."

She noticed the sweat beads around his forehead and wiped it with her handkerchief gently. A red fainted color appeared on his cheeks. But before she could ask the reason his phone rang and he immediately excused himself.

"Hello, auntie."

"She's fine."

"Yeah actually, I took her out."She noticed the sweat beads on his forehead and wiped them with her handkerchief gently. A faint red color appeared on his cheeks. Before she could ask him about it, his phone rang, and he immediately excused himself.

"Hello, Auntie."

"She's fine."

"Yeah, actually, I took her out."

She wasn't eavesdropping, but she could hear him. She immediately guessed who it was on the other end of the line.

Yeonjun hung up and walked back towards her. "It was my mom, right?" He nodded.

"Did she ask you to take me out?" she interrogated.

"No! I wanted to take you out. She didn't say anything." She might have felt bad if he had said yes.

Suddenly, Yeonjun proposed, "Let's go to the amusement park."

"But we just went to the trampoline park."

"So what? Let's enjoy our weekend. Our university barely gives us weekends on its own." He was right. Their university didn't even give them proper vacations; they often organized extra classes.

"I'm more than in agreement with you. We literally chose the worst university," she recoiled.

"So?"

"I'm down."

"Fine, ask Emma to join us as well."