First Words

*POV . BUCKY*
*1940's*

It was my 13th birthday and I was counting the minutes until I got my soul sign. I was there to see you and he was supposed to be waiting with me but he passed out as soon as we are home from the restaurant. "Steve! Come on dude, wake up" I complained loudly, "what! Did it show up??", "No dude" I laughed at his sleepy face, "It's only 9p.m." he was so tired, but I couldn't sleep knowing that in less than 3 hours I would know so much more.

A few hours later

"5 more minutes buddy"Steve said yawning, "You ready?" Honestly I wasn't I was way too scared to answer him. So I just glanced at him then back at my watch. There were 2 more minutes, and I was counting the seconds. "Come on come on!" I mumble to myself, even though it's only been about 30 seconds I was growing very impatient. "Steven, James!! Come here for a second!" Of course now all times Steve's mom would be calling for us. "Coming!!!"
Steve was loud.

We went out there and see what she wanted completely forgetting about my sign. "Hey, will you clean up the kitchen, please" she asked in a soothing voice, "yes ma'am", "Of course" Me and Steve both said at the same time. We both clean up the kitchen and then went out and told his mom we were done, "Thank you boys, oh and Happy birthday James, officially.", "No problem miss-" I replied, but then stop in the middle of my sentence realizing it was my birthday, "STEVE!! YOUR ROOM, NOW!"

We ran back to his bedroom and took a few deep breaths, "so are you going to look at it?!" Steve said excitingly, "I- I don't know" I stuttered not knowing what to do. I was so nervous "Either you look or I will-" , "okay! Okay fine" I interrupted I slowly looked down and saw words, 9 words that would change my whole life forever.

*Peter's POV*
*Peter's 13th birthday*

"Ned! What time is it?" , "shhhh, I'm trying to watch Star wars." Ned whisper yelled back. I was so nervous I didn't find out about my soul sign until a month ago and my official birthday was in 3 hours 12 minutes and 38 seconds, 36 seconds now.

I didn't want it to be one where I would get marks every time they got hurt but at the same time I feel like I would be kind of cool. The black and white thing would be alright, but I wouldn't be able to get see my favorite color red which would kinda suck. Maybe the countdown timer but that will just makes the time go by even slower, everyday would feel like today. There is no way I could feel like this forever. The word thing would be cool, probably my best bet.

"Ned! This is more Important!" I yelled pausing the movie, "It's just you 13th birthday dude! Not as important as Luke Skywalker finding out the worst guy in the Galaxy is his dad!!" I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT PART! "What?!?! Dude I haven't seen the movie!!! AND this birthday is when I get my soul sign." I was so out of it. "Oh- I uh- sorry dude!" Not gonna lie we argued about this Star wars for like 2 hours.

"Uhhh, dude, it's 1 A.M." I took a minute to realize what he meant, but as soon as I did I felt a burning sensation on my wrist, it's felt like that for a while but I didn't pay attention. "Ahhh, what the heck!" We both freaked out like girls for like 5 minutes before I finally looked down to the burning feeling and read 9 words that would change my life forever.

SORRY THIS BACK STORY IS SHORT
*Y/n's POV*
*Random day*

"You bitch! How do you know about today!!" He slapped me, all I did was ask about what my wall said. I'm so confused. "That's it! Get her to the machine. You happy Winter! Huh!" He started pushing, slapping, kicking, every thing you can think of to me. 'Please stop'  I thought, all I wanted was for it to end. "Oh no! Do you not like it?" That sarcastic dick.

After about ten minutes of me getting beat he finally stopped. "Come on, there ready for us." He grabbed my hair and dragged me to the lab. "Okay get her ready." He sat me down on the chair and grabbed the mouth guard. "I don't understand I just asked how old I was and why I have random scars, that YOU didn't give to me!" I whispered in a raspy voice. "No questions winter." He lifted the mouthguard I open my mouth and went back. "Start the machine!" Brainwash again.