44.

It had already been a few weeks since she lived with her family. She had gotten familiar with it.

Everything was fine except the fact that Hye Su would always try to disturb her when she could do so.

About collecting the evidence, they agreed that they should wait until Mr Park decided to tell Y/n about it.

Then, she would record it before giving it to the police and let them investigate.

When Mr Park ordered his people to do illegal things for him, his people would guard the surroundings carefully.

It would be too dangerous if they had to do it by themselves but then things would be much easier when the police would help them.

Tonight, the Park family would have a family dinner at a luxury restaurant and Taehyung would attend it as well.

He had planned to propose marriage to Y/n in front of her family tonight.

"We will go back in 10 minutes, ok?" She asked Jungkook who was standing beside her.

"5 minutes." The time was insufficient for her to prepare herself for the dinner later.

"8 minutes." She wanted to complete the work first.

"3 minutes." Jungkook said.

"Don't decrease the time like me, Jungkook."

"When we are talking, the time is passing so I had to do that. You need to go now, Y/n." He explained patiently.

"Ok. Ok. 3 minutes." She increased her pace of typing on the laptop.

"2 minutes."

Y/n stopped answering him and focused on doing her work while Jungkook was staring at his watch.

"1 minute." He fixed his black suit before opening the door of the office room.

He murmured something to his colleagues as they nodded and be prepared.

"30 seconds left." He warned her while approaching her.

"Wait. Wait." Her hands automatically moving faster than before and fixed her gaze on the screen.

"15 seconds left." He took her phone before putting it into her handbag.

One of his colleagues came inside and held the handbag carefully. After that, he went back to the door and waited.

"3."

"2."

"1."

She suddenly felt like she was in the air as if she was flying. Without any notice, Jungkook carried her bridal style.

"Jeon Jungkook-" She flinched and mentioned his full name unconsciously.

Due to the reflex action, she held on to his neck tightly to not fell down.

"Good girl. Hold me tight."

They were now waiting for the elevator to reach the 13th floor and some of the employees saw the scene.

"You can put me down, Jungkook." She felt embarrassed as her face turned to the right side to hide it.

Probably, she was thinking that when she couldn't see them then they wouldn't be able to see her.

"Nah. What if you run away?" He denied with a valid reason.

Jungkook felt that she would continue to do her work even after the time was up so he had to do this.

"You don't want to be late, right?"

They entered the elevator and she was still hiding her face. She could smell his scent because of the close distance between them.

There were no other people around except the executive protection.

No reason for her to hide anymore but somehow, he wanted to stay like this even if just for a few minutes.

Why was his heart beating that fast?

"You will have 50 minutes to prepare later." Jungkook spoke again.

Since Mr Park wasn't with them so he could read her mind. That's why she noticed that he ignored it.

Maybe he was tired from carrying me. Did I weigh a lot?