An Awkward Introduction -Ceris

I woke up surrounded by a mountain of blankets and pillows. It was very comfortable and warm here, plus the blinding, golden rays of the sun weren't in my eyes like normal. The room is lighter then it normally is in the morning! Perhaps I slept in?

Before I could think or notice anything else, I feel someone shift behind me. I already knew it was Abigail, but that didn't stop me from looking back at her. She is still fast asleep. Her messy hair in her face, as her arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I roll over to face her, and brushed a lock of her ginger hair away and tucked it behind her ear. It was a very peaceful moment of just hugging my roommate... until-

    Ding!

  I look over to my phone, to see one of those message things from Crevan. There seemed to be quite a lot of them.

9:07
Hey Ceris, we still on for tonight? Just wanna make sure you still want to go out!

I'm gonna pick you up at your and your roommate's right?

9:13
Okay- I'll take that as a yes! I'll be over at 3:30!

Hello?

Are you awake?

Or am I just boring you to second death?

  I look at the time to see that it was half past twelve. Gosh... we really did sleep in. I thought for a moment, then sent my response.

Hey Crevan! Sorry I didn't answer sooner. My roommate and I slept in a bit, and I didn't see your messages. I'm still on for tonight! You don't have to pick me up, but 3:30 sounds good! Respond when you can!

  I pressed 'send' and put my phone down, before shaking Abby's arm. She stirred, before opening up one eye. "Morning Ceris..." She yawned, hugging me a little closer, to which I didn't mind. "You sleep well?"

  "Yup! Did you?" I ask.

  She nodded, "Yeah! Better than I have in a while. Should I go make breakfast? After all, you did all that cleaning yesterday, and it's my turn to do my share!" Abby said.

  I was about to say that I could do it, but it then occurred to me that I'm not the best cook. Vordus, Lance, and our old, charcoal kitchen could prove my point...

"Okay. Since I'm not a good cook, and don't want to burn anything, you could..." I mumble, "But I'm going to be the one that cleans up afterwards."

The princess ruffled my hair before getting up of bed, and went downstairs. I frown as I feel her warmth leave me, and decide to get up as well, but not before picking up the fluffy grey blanket. As I made my way down the hall to my room, I heard the same small noise.

Yay! I didn't bore you too much! And I insist on picking you up! It may be the afterlife, but there are bad people. I wanna make sure you're safe Ceris!

Okay, if you insist. Where are we going? Want to make sure I dress appropriately!

It's a surprise! However, I will tell you it is mildly fancy. Take that how you will! Now where is it I will be picking you up from?

One second.

Instead of getting dressed like I planned, I walked down the stairs to see Abby looking in the fridge. She noticed me, and smiles.