The truth of Crevan -Abby

(Abigail's POV:)
-two to three weeks later-

  I open my door to my empty house after my shift at work. It was almost seven at night, and I was glad to be back how before the sun went completely down. I peel my shoes off at the door, and flop onto the couch tiredly. My dark eyes only half open. I was actually close to falling asleep until my phone dinged. My eyes slowly open again, as I was slightly annoyed for a moment at whoever was texting me this late. I check my phone to see a text from Steve.

Steve💚🌿
Hey Abby! You done with your shift?

  Before I can think of a response, I see the three little dots. I wait for him to type a follow up message instead of interrupting him.

I have something important to ask...
Really important.

  I try to quickly type in a response before sending it to him. If it's important than I guess I shouldn't just go to sleep.

Hey Steve! Yeah, just got home. What's up?

Unlike normal, he immediately started typing a response almost as soon as I pressed 'send'. He normally took his time to make sure nothing came out wrong, instead of quickly typing something down. Is everything okay?

Are you still living with Ceris? Is she doing okay? I don't have her number, so I though I'd ask you.

  I shoot a confused look at the text, and reread it a few more times before responding.

No? I'm not living with her anymore. She moved in with an old... friend I think...

Why do you want to know? Is something up?

  There wasn't a response back for a few minutes, and I quickly grew more worried. Did something go wrong? Is Ceris okay? Sure she hasn't been responding to me, but... I thought she was just mad.

Today was the meeting between us and my father... she hadn't called or anything, so we assumed it wouldn't be rescheduled. But, she didn't show up? Really made dad quite mad, but I was more worried something may have happened.

Have you heard from her recently?

  I began to get a little worried, as I shot a worried glance at the vase of wilted, withered roses. Crevan never came by to pick them up, nor had ever discussed them again. I tried to keep them alive as long as possible so I would have something to give them, but even my small tricks won't work anymore.

  Before responding, I close out of Steve's contact, and go to Ceris', and scroll through the messages I have sent her in the past few weeks. It was nothing too much, always just simple small talk, and asking how she was with adjusting to living somewhere else. However, all to no response, and only left on read.

I rest my phone on my chest as I look up to the ceiling. What if Crevan really did take her phone from her? Is something happening to her? Could she be in danger! I thought, before going back to his contact.

No... I haven't. The last message I got from her was from a few weeks ago. It was from her 'roommate' regarding something she left here. I haven't heard anything from her since!