Open the door! -Both

(Ceris' POV:)

I wish I just turned away... went back to her... anything. Anything but stay with him. If I could have just turned back... what if I just turned back... if I could have just seen the signs... the red flags... if I hadn't been so scared. Would I still be here?

~
-flashback to the last chapter-

"Hey! It'll be okay!" Crevan said to me, his arm wrapped around me as he carried my suitcase for me. "You can stay with me in the meantime! I don't live too far from here."

I nod, whipping my tears from my eyes. The sun set over the house I had stayed at. I... I don't want to leave leave... just collect my thoughts for a few days. But... would Abigail even want to see me again, let alone live with me? Sure she was being polite, but she always is always like that.

"C'mon! Smile a bit!" He said, playfully hitting my arm. I wince slightly, and force a chuckle.

"S-Sorry..." I apologize. "It's just... I'm thinking. I... don't want to leave forever. Abigail's still my friend! We just... got into a disagreement... I think. But, would she still want to see me? When I do go back!"

His playful smile slowly vanished, into a grimful stare. "No. She got mad at you for having other friends. I think it's best you never go back to her."

I frown, and look at the ground, holding my arms. "Oh..."

"But hey! Don't think about her! Just smile! Plus, you always look prettier when you smile anyway!" He said.

"R...Right. I stutter as I put on a smile.

~

We arrived in front of Crevan's house as the sun had almost finished setting. I couldn't see it too well due to the dark, and my teary eyes, He opened the door, and pulled me though.

"Welcome to my house m'lady!" He said, a smile on his face as he closed the door behind me. "Would you like me to show you to our room?"

"Our?" I ask, backing away. "Um... y-you know, I think I'd feel a little more comfortable with sleeping somewhere else. Even taking the couch is perfectly fine! I'm just... not completely comfortable with sharing a bed with you." I admit, gripping the handle of the suitcase anxiously.

  His brows furrowed, and he clenched his fist. "Fine. Whatever." He growled, before walking upstairs, to what I assume to be his room. I look to the ground and sigh.

Maybe I should change out of this... I thought, my eyes scanning for a bathroom. Eventually I found the downstairs bathroom, and opened my suitcase to get a spare outfit.

I open the door, and walk back into the living room, and there I see Crevan... on my phone?

"Um... Crevan? I'm sorry, but that's my phone-" I started, he turned to look me dead in the eye.

"You won't be needing it anymore." He said, before pulling out my set of keys. "Or these either."

I clench my fists. "What gives you the right to go through my stuff?! Give it back!" I shout at him.

He smirked. "If you want your phone back so badly, and don't like me looking at it, what do you have to hide?" He asked.

"Hide? I have nothing to hide-"

"So why don't you mind me taking a peek at it as much as you are! You shouldn't be this angry if you were innocent!" Crevan concluded, as a small 'ding' came from my phone. I reach for it; however, he took my wrist, and proceeded to look at the message. A scowl came across his face.