Healing -Both

(Ceris' POV:)

Abigail helps me up the driveway and through the front door as I slowly became less and less drowsy. We stepped inside the dark house, almost everything was in the same place when I came home from the date. Abby takes a few steps in front of me and turns to face me.

  "Hey... um... It's getting a bit late. Almost time for dinner. Is there anything specific I can make or order for you Ceris?" She asked quietly.

  "...I'm not hungry." I lie. I'm starving, after all I haven't eaten all day, but I want to be alone. I can't tell if she believes me or not, but I don't care if she does.

  "You sure?" She questioned.

  I nod slightly. "... May I go take a shower?" I ask, wanting to be alone with my thoughts. She nods.

  "Of course. I could get you a spare pair of clothes if you want?" The princess offered.

  "N-No thank you..." I mumbled. "Thank you."

  And just like that, I limp up the stairs —due to my wounded leg— and made my way to the bathroom. I don't even bother getting a spare outfit, or towels. I just want to crawl into a hole and hide from the world.

  I turn on the water and watch the water began to flow. I don't bother taking off my hoodie or shorts, just take off my shoes and socks before stepping in before sitting down in the shower.

  As the water warmed up, the more it began to feel like needles on my skin. Even if it hurt, I didn't turn the temperature down. I don't know why I didn't... maybe the adrenaline and fear in me due to the previous incidents? Whatever it was, something in me just told me not to, and I listened, and let the pain continue.

(Abby's POV:)

  I stood over a pot of boiling soup, slowly stirring it with a wooden spoon while mixing in the diced chorus fruit.

  Ceris isn't in the best place right now. You don't need an expert to confirm that she is going through a lot at the moment, and probably for a while. But... she's not alone, and I don't want her to feel that way. So, I messaged Vordus —he and Lance both told me to contact them if there was ever a problem before we road home— and asked if there was any specific foods Ceris liked (more like comfort foods). He replied that when Ceris was very little and still had her parents, they always made her this themselves. Not through any chef or cook or nothing. It was those three in the kitchen making it. He gave me the recipe, and said that it never failed to make her feel better.

  So! That's what I'm making!

  I quickly had to run out and get some chorus fruit among many other things, but I think it turned out well for how fast I threw it together! It'll be interesting trying food native to the End... since typically I only really ate food that came from Overworld or Nether decent, but I think it'll be fun!

  Hm... I wonder... will Ceris like it? I followed the recipe as exact as I could get, so hopefully It won't be completely wrecked?

Stir,

Stir,

Stir...

  Speaking of whom... she's been showering for a while now. It's almost been an hour forty-five. I thought endkin couldn't be under water for very long...

Stir

Stir

Stir...

  Maybe I should go check to see if she's okay...