Chapter 32 - Hurricanes And Tornadoes

Time seemed to stand still, the surrounding sounds disappearing into the background. The fact that I was talking to Brad when Ashton didn't want me to no longer mattered.

Not when Justine was possibly constructing an elaborate plan to get back at me. Not when my senior Homecoming could be forever ruined and especially not when success of The Revolution was at stake.

I found myself swaying and before I knew it I was cradled in Brad's arms. The guy in question was currently watching over me with a concerned expression causing me to quickly pull out of his embrace. Ashton's words, about Brad wanting to hit on me, ring in my mind as I take a step back.

"I-I should go...thank you though. You know...for telling me" Halfway to Ethan's car, Brad calls my name and I stop, compelled for some reason to face him, to hear him out.

"So it's true then? You and Ashton, I mean? That you aren't really dating? And yet, you still didn't want us to get back together...huh I didn't think that it would hurt this much" He looked so heart-broken. Standing there with his hands shoved in his pockets, his hair windswept and eyes downcast.

"What's it to you, Brad?" I ask softly. He didn't seem to be faking it, in a bid to win me over. If anything he looked resigned, like he had finally accepted the fact that he was stuck dating the she-devil. Like he accepted the fact that he and I would never be more than friends.

"I guess that's just the problem...it could mean everything to me but I've already lost my chance..." He takes a few long steps and I stand frozen as his arms engulf me. The familiar smell of his cologne and the warmth of his arms sends a wave of nostalgia over me and I bite back tears as I pull away.

"I'm glad you've found someone that makes you happy Isabelle. But if you ever need someone to kick his ass let me know, I want to do the honours"

I laugh a little at that, nodding my head.

"Thanks Brad and good luck at the game today"

"Well isn't this cosy" Ashton's drawl causes us to break apart and I look on in shock as he makes his way over. He remarkably held his composure but I had seen that dark grey in his eyes enough times to know that he was pissed as hell and the anger was directed solely my way.

"Ashton I-" I don't get to finish my sentence before Ashton is lifting his hand into the air, ready to punch Brad. I don't stop to think and jump at him, using his surprise to my advantage and managing to tackle him to the ground.

Quickly jumping off him I cast a glance at Brad who seems more surprised then annoyed and motion to him to get away. The last thing we need right now is for them to start fighting, especially with the big game on today. What the hell was Ashton thinking anyway?! They're on the same team for fucks sake!

"Are you freaking kidding me?! You are so in love with him that you fucking tackled me to the ground? What? Couldn't pretty boy take the hit?" Ashton stands up fuming just in time to receive the slap coming his way.

The resounding clap echoes in the silence between us and then the only sound heard is his heavy breathing. It was ridiculously cold out and the sting of slap hurt my hand more than his face. I let out a small moan, clutching my hand to my chest as I try to warm it up but then think better off it and start dragging my boyfriend to Ethan's car.

He comes along willingly, probably too in shock to notice what is happening and once we're in the warm car I turn to face him. Noticing with some relief that there is no hand mark on his cheek. He turned his face away from me as he muttered a single sentence too gruff for me to fully understand it but I got the gist of it.