𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚕: 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗧𝘄𝗼

The Hailey Residence 1992

The car ride to the Hailey's was very quiet

The car ride to the Hailey's was very quiet. The only sound that could be heard was the car and the radio. You didn't mind it actually because of your nerves practically eating you alive. By the time you arrived at the residence of Cedric and Joel Hailey you were about to go into panic mode. You had never thought you'd be that close to Donald let alone in his car. You had only wished Charmaine was there to pinch you so you knew you weren't dreaming, speaking of which you knew you had a mouth full to give her come Monday. You sat quietly on a couch in the corner to avoid any interaction you could with Donald. Dalvin was too busy trying to help set up with JoJo. So you really couldn't count on him to ease your anxiety. Cedric tried to flirt with you soon as you walked through the door but was quickly dismissed by Dalvin. Jojo was polite as always when he saw you.

"Ayeeee Yooo!! Watch where you going with that shit man! Don't break my mama's good coffee table." Cedric yelled at Dalvin and JoJo as they were moving the basement furniture around. Dalvin sucked his teeth loudly, eyeballing Cedric. JoJo rolled his eyes at his brother.

"You know, yo ass could help seeing as this is your damn party nigga! Got me and Jo doing all the work!. If you can stop fucking eating the damn party food." Dalvin fussed, Cedric continued munching on chips, getting crumbs on his jeans as he plopped down on one of the leather sofas. Your face scrunched up slightly watching him.

"I am helping by directing your ass on what to do. Now move that damn table like DJ said." Cedric spoke with a mouth full of chips. Dalvin muttered a few choice words under his breath as he and JoJo continued to move the table. You looked around the basement trying to find anything to do, to pass time. You noticed a table with party cups and soda boxes stacked on it unopened. You figured you might as well be of some assistance to Donald and the fellas instead of sitting there like a bump on a log. You got up and walked over to the table and began taking out the cups, setting up everything nicely. You arranged the sodas in a neat way. You were doing anything at this point to keep yourself occupied and away from having to speak to DJ. You knew that was defeating the purpose of all of what Dalvin was trying to do but at the moment you didn't have one care in the world. It was awkward enough during the entire car ride. Dalvin tried to get you to speak and talk but you didn't have much to say and Donald was trying to play it cool as well. Of course you didn't even notice he was getting nervous and kept giving Dalvin the signal to shut up all while you were breaking out in a sweat in his backseat.

"Yo! I really wish all y'all would stop the damn arguing so much. Damn, both of y'all cut that shit out right now." Donald interjected, coming down the stairs with a crate of records and box of liquor. You felt a small flutter of your heart, hearing his voice. It was amazing that he could make you all giddy inside without him even trying. Cedric looked over at DJ bewildered at his comment, feeling some form of fake astonishment.

"Meeee!? Yo tell your bulldog faced brother to stop being such a doofus!. Got all that mouth and still can't land it no pussy." Cedric shouted laughing, crumbs falling from his mouth. You grimaced at how much etiquette he lacked. You now know why most of the girl's at school ran from him. It was a wonder he even managed to scoop up his on again off again girlfriend Mary. Mary however wasn't your average girl and they in an odd way balanced each other out. Mary was rough around the edges and didn't take no nonsense. Cedric was just loud and obnoxious and you thought Dalvin was far worse but he had him beat by a billion and one.