𝙼𝚒 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊 𝙴𝚜 𝚃𝚞 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊

Charlotte, NC June 8th 2019

I can't fool myself, I don't want nobody else to ever love meYou are my shinin' star, my guiding light, my love fantasyThere's not a minute, hour, day or night that I don't love you You're at the top of my list 'cause I'm always thinkin' of you

I still remember in the days when I was scared to touch youHow I spent my day dreamin' plannin' how to say I love you

You must have known that I had feelings deep enough to swim inThat's when you opened up your heart and you told me to come in

Oh, my love

A thousand kisses from you is never too much

I just don't wanna stop
Oh, my love
A million days in your arms is never too muchI just don't wanna stop
Too much, never too much, never too much, never too much

The sound of Luther Vandross blared from the backyard speakers. As the smell of meat on the grill permeated the air. You followed your home girl Jamilah through the house as a bunch of little kids ran by you. It was your home girl's birthday weekend and she wanted to spend it with family so she invited you to her family's annual bbq/cookout. You were more than excited to come and finally meet her family as she's always been around you and yours. You had only hoped hers weren't stuck up like yours could be. You and Jamilah had been friends since freshman year of college. You two became roommates and overnight y'all became like sisters all the way up till now. Both of you are now in your junior year. As you two walked out in the backyard. You looked around at all her different family members. You saw a few of her little cousins playing around. The older cousins were all sitting around watching the young ones. A few aunties were sitting under the shade gossiping. It was your typical black family cookout. Your stomach growled slightly as the sweet aroma of all the food being cooked hit your nostrils. You had been told a thousand times that her family can all cook and you were more than anxious to try it.

"Come on girl, let me introduce you to some of my people." Jamilah smiled, putting her arm in yours. You followed her over to where the grill was. Dodging some water balloons that were being thrown by the young kids.

"HEY STOP ALL THAT DAMN RUNNING!." Jamilah's mom yelled from the kitchen, before closing the sliding door back. You laughed to yourself at how her mother was the typical black mama at these kinds of gatherings. Always gotta get at the young ones for being bad or running in the kitchen.

"Hey everybody! I'd like you to meet my home girl Y/n. Y/n these are my cousins. That's Cookie and her two girls are over there Mylen and Gianna. That's my other cousin Rashawn and her bad ass boys are playing over there King and Dae Dae. That's Mike, my big head boy cousin. This is my older brother Cameron and his fiancé Faith. Last but not least my baby cousin Bianca." Jamilah introduced, which was followed by a bunch of hellos in return. You smiled shyly waving at everyone.