𝙻𝚞𝚡𝚞𝚛𝚎, 𝙰𝚛𝚝 𝙴𝚝 𝙰𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚛

"Know this:
I am addicted to you.
I have tasted your mind,
and I cannot forget
its flavour."

Brooklyn, NY October 28th 1999

Here we are alone againBut we never kicked it like this before(We never kicked it like this before)Ooh, the touchin', the kissin' and the huggin', baby

But we never kicked it like this before
(We never kicked it like this before)
Ooh, the touchin', the kissin' and the huggin', baby

You watched as the street lights became a blur while the sound of the radio echoed throughout the yellow taxi cab. You took a deep breath leaning your head against the window as the little droplets of rain trickled against it. The constant pounding of your heart overroad the gentle R&B tunes that were playing. The driver was a nice enough man to turn to your favorite station. Although it was such a kind gesture and you were more than appreciative. It didn't stop the loud thumping noises from ringing in your ears as your heart rate increased its blood flow. It felt like the closer you were getting to your destination the more your nerves got the best of you. You had begun to rethink this charade and tell the taxi man to bust a quick U-turn and take you back to your gated residence.

However, you knew doing such would not only be foolish and cost you an extra fee on top of what you were already paying. You would have also stood up your guest for the evening who was more than delighted to have you. You took another deep breath, feeling the sudden lump in your throat form. It was as if it was crushing your windpipe and blocking your ability to breathe properly. Your eyes widened because you knew it was your anxiety rearing up its ugly head and coming with a vengeance. Everything you had eaten previously this evening threatened to come up as you felt extremely hot all of a sudden. You quickly rolled down the window slightly cracking it as the misty cool October air hit your face. You began to inhale and exhale, feeling your nostrils collect the oxygen as it spreads throughout your body.

I just can't calculate the time
But if we make love tonight
Will it change the way we are
(nah, everything is all good. It's cool)
The question remains my mind
I want to know
If we make love tonight
Will it change us for the rest of our lives

"Deep breaths.... Y/n." You whispered, coaching yourself out of your sudden, but nonetheless severely mild panic attack. You really couldn't fathom what you were about to partake in on this rainy evening. You looked down at your wrist realizing it was bare. You let out a low frustrated sigh as you dashed out of your home leaving it on your dresser. In the midst of you trying to be as quiet as possible you somehow forgot it. You waited until the taxi driver came upon another stop light before you leaned up, gently tapping his shoulder.

"Um, excuse me sir? Do you by chance know the time?." You timidly asked. The taxi driver looked down at his wrist as the light switched to green. You gently got pushed back as he pressed his foot on the gas a little hard.