𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙶𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚜𝚊 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

What you gon' do about it?
Why don't you just test me
You won't wanna do without it
No I'm comin' at you hard, meetin' a thug
And I ain't givin' up
'Til I get that gangsta love (Gangsta love)

New York, NY July 15th 2006

"Ms. Y/n! Hello? Did you hear me." Your secretary Amiyah huffed. You quickly snapped out of your distant phantasm to glance over at her as she held your steeping hot coffee mug in one hand, along with her notepad. You hadn't realized she had been talking to you for the last three minutes, trying to give you a run down for your day. Amiyah raised her perfectly arched eyebrow, before sitting the cup down.

"Huh? Oh I'm sorry Amiyah, go on." You gave her a tight apologetic smile, before adjusting your mug on the desk.

Your mind had been elsewhere since you walked into your office. It wasn't like you to be removed and absent mentally speaking. Ever since you woke up this nice summer morning you've been melancholy. It could be your lack of sleep you had been getting due to all the influx of work. It could have been your sex life or should we say lack there of. Your battery operated friend in your nightstand wasn't cutting it anymore. You sighed in discomfort as you rolled your shoulders back some. The tension in your neck and shoulders were undeniable. It was due to the stress and pressure you had been under for the past three weeks. You made a mental note to go get a massage if you could find time to pencil it in. You thought about finally putting that gym membership to use and going in there to burn off some calories, and stress. As nice as it sounded in theory you knew you wouldn't get around to it. Amiyah cleared her throat, still eyeing you suspiciously. You gestured for her to continue as you sipped your coffee.

"Uh...okay. As I was saying.. You have an eight-thirty meeting with the board of directors about the five-per-cent projected increase in the fiscal budget, a ten o'clock meeting with the legal team about the impending lawsuit from the Howardson Corporation, a lunch meeting with David Holster about his transfer to the Atlanta office, and a three o'clock conference call with the regional managers from Los Angeles, Dallas and Charlotte." Amiyah rambled off. As your secretary read off your to-do list. You couldn't help but to look past her out your huge office window, overlooking New York's beautiful skyline. A million thoughts started parading your mind again. You were at a point in your life where it felt as though you were in a rut. Things were becoming monotonous and boring. It felt like all you ever did was wake up extremely early, go to the office, have Amiyah read off your agenda for the day. Go over strenuous briefings and not to mention the long hours you stayed after everyone had left. You hated to admit it but yes indeed you were an overachiever. You felt as though this was a pathetic way to live for someone of your age. It was sad to say the least, that at the age of twenty-four years old. You had no real life outside of your huge executive office with a large view. Of course the money was nice, and of course your lifestyle was lavish, but all of that and you were still unfulfilled. You tapped your pen against your cherry wood desk, as Amiyah continued her daily run down. You were not interested in hearing the itinerary, no something greater was on your mind.