𝙸 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞, 𝙸 𝙽𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚈𝚘𝚞

Los Angeles, CA June 4th 1994

"And... the winner is.. JODECI! For Best R&B group of the year." The presenter announced. You sighed as you hugged your pillow closer watching Him and the fellas smile and get up to accept their award. The pain in your chest magnifying as you saw His smile as he walked on stage. The smile you once adored and couldn't get enough of now brought tears and pain. You tried to ignore the lump in your throat as you choked back the urge to sob. You didn't realize it would be this painful to watch him. You hadn't thought that after almost a year it still hurt like hell.

"Girl, why are you torturing yourself? I mean seriously why are you watching this?." Your home girl Khadijah scoffed before grabbing the remote and muting the tv. You quickly wiped a tear that managed to escape before clearing your throat. You looked over at her, giving her a weak smile.

"I'm fine Dijah, I'm fine it's all good-." You tried to speak, but she scoffed again, cutting you off.

"Y/n why you tryna play me? I know you over there in your feelings over this nigga. Look, what he did was straight up whack and you over here steady watching him accept a damn award. You are only making this worse." She said, You swallowed the lump in your throat. You were trying to put on a brave face and pretend you were fine, but the reality of it was you weren't. You just couldn't understand what you did wrong. You thought everything was fine. You honestly thought things were on the up and up, but sadly they weren't.

"Dijah.. I-I just don't understand why. I did everything right and I just can't wrap my head around this." You sighed frustratedly, running your fingers through your messy 5 day old curls. Khadijah sighed, moving closer to you to console you.

"Girl, it ain't shit that you did. It's all on him and his ego. Don't take on that nigga's mess Aight?." She tried to comfort you. You knew she was right but it didn't stop the pain and heartbreak.

"I wish him well, Dijah I really do. I just can't help but feel as if some of this shit is my fault." You shrugged, feeling helpless.

"Y/n, listen to me you can't force a man to see your value. It was his fuck up not yours and honestly you're better off without his sorry ass." She scoffed.

"Yeah.. um.. I hear you." You smiled weakly. You wanted to put on a brave face for her. You knew she was only trying to help you. It was easier said than done, forgetting him and all the memories you two shared.

"Good. Now I gotta get up outta here and get these bad ass kids of mine. My mama doesn't like watching them for longer than two hours." She rolled her eyes, getting up and grabbing her stuff.

"Alright when you get home let me know." You said, as she made her way to the door.

"I will girl bye!." She called out, before walking out, closing the door behind her. You sighed as you sat back, now all alone in your thoughts. You decided it was enough tv for one night so you grabbed your remote shutting it off. You grabbed your throw blanket and curled up under it as you just stared blankly at the pitch black television. Your mind began to race and replay every memory, every conversation, every late night drive. The many nights he'd call you, yearning for you. The love making.. oh how you reminisced about all of the love making. No one knew how to get you hot like he did. He learned your body like you learned his. You sighed feeling a tear roll down your cheek as your mind flashed back to that dreadful day. You remembered everything as if it was yesterday.