𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚗 𝙼𝚢 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝

Paramus, NJ June 29th 1995

 "Do you Caroline Yvette Jones take Donald Earle DeGrate Jr to be your lawfully wedded husband from this day forward

"Do you Caroline Yvette Jones take Donald Earle DeGrate Jr to be your lawfully wedded husband from this day forward. Whether times are good or bad, rich or poor, healthy or ill; will you love, honor, and cherish him , and hold him up in faith long as you both shall live?." The Minister asked, looking at the bride.

"I do." Caroline beamed, smiling up at DeVantè as he sent her a wink and blew a kiss. Your eyes welled up with tears as you began to drown the minister out. The last few years of your life flooded your mind all at once. As much as you tried to put on a brave face, you just couldn't. The man you have been in love with since you were a teenager was getting married to someone else. Someone who wasn't you. The worst part of it all was that you tried lying to yourself every day that you weren't in love with him. Tried telling yourself that you were just really good best friends.

"And do you Donald Earle DeGrate Jr, take Caroline Yvette Jones to be your lawfully wedded wife from this day forward. Whether times are good or bad, rich or poor, healthy or ill; will you love, honor, and cherish her, and hold her up in faith long as you both shall live?." The Minister looked to DeVantè. DeVanté's hazel eyes briefly wandered over to where you stoically stood next to the other bridesmaids, eyes dull and lifeless. He hadn't realized that he was somewhat stalling as everyone, including the entire wedding party looked on suspiciously. You of course were absent in the mind and body as your eyes looked everywhere but at them.