Is This Love?

Sorry it has been so long since i updated last, well i dont think anyone was really waiting for it to be updated but nevermind - here is the third chapter!

Liam was aware that Zayn had fallen asleep so tried not to move too much or cause him to wake up. After over an hour he was hungry and his bum was beginning to go numb. He tried to carefully remove the sleeping boy from him. Zayn stirred in his sleep and subconsciously cuddled one of the cushions. He made his way to the kitchen; it was getting late so he figured he would make some tea. There was some soup in the cupboard, that contained enough to feed the both of them; Zayn would just eat it when he woke up.

Liam wondered if he was doing the right thing here; going along with what Zayn wanted. He knew that he was taking a risk with him. He knew that Zayn’s feelings for him were much stronger than his for Zayn. He knew that he didn’t love Zayn, yet. But what he also knew was that he cared deeply for the older boy, needed him around to make his life worth living. He had thought all those feelings were platonic, but that kiss had denied that theory. That kiss; how Zayns soft lips were on his; how their lips moved together as one; how Zayns hands were on his waist; how he felt butterflies, butterflies in his stomach; and how he had loved every second of it. He wondered if he would feel the same kissing any of the other boys, if it were because they were all so close and he loved them all so much. But he came to the conclusion that it was only Zayn, only he made him feel so special. That assured him that he was doing the right thing and to continue with what he was doing.

Zayn stirred on the couch, distracting Liam from his thoughts. He looked over at his lover, who was now on his side with one arm draped off the edge of the sofa. Liam smiled and sighed at his best friend, who now, after an unexpected turn of events, was his boyfriend. He thought back to that morning comparing it to where he was now. As confused as he was about his feelings, he was happy with where he had ended up and glad that Zayn had the confidence to speak his feelings.

Zayn woke up, rolled over, saw that he was on Liam’s settee, and immediately the happenings from earlier that day flooded back into his mind. Liam was his boyfriend, his boyfriend was Liam!

He knew Liam didn’t love him the same way he love him. But he had asked him to be his boyfriend, so he was pretty sure Liam wanted it as well. Also, that kiss was great. You just couldn’t fake something like that. Zayn just hoped it wasn’t something Liam would regret. With adrenaline in you, you can say things that you wouldn’t otherwise. He knew Liam wouldn’t want to hurt him, but that was one of the problems. Liam wouldn’t have wanted to say no as he knew it would break his heart, so Zayn was also hoping that he didn’t just do what he did out of pity for him.

“Wakey, wakey” Zayn whipped his head round to see Liam approaching “I thought I heard you wake up. I made soup, its getting a bit late” Liam explained ruffling Zayns hair and setting his bowl of soup on the coffee table as he passed.

“Thanks Li” he said, picking up his soup. The two ate their soup (well, Liam drank his - he still wasn’t going to use a spoon) and chatted about little things; just anything that was on their mind and making general conversation.

Before they knew it, it was already 10 o’clock and although it was pretty early for them, they had rehearsals early in the morning, so didn’t want to go to bed too late.

“Hey Zayn, you wanna stay the night? There’s not really much point in you going back to your apartment.” Liam asked.

“Sure, I’d love to” Zayn replied. After a few more minutes they got up, Liam wrapped his arm around Zayns waist and led him to his bedroom, somehow managing to squeeze through the narrow doorway, side by side.

Once in the bedroom, they detached themselves from each other and Liam stood awkwardly on the opposite side of the bed to Zayn. He had noticed, and looked over expectantly at his boyfriend.

“Umm, its ok, I’ll just…” Liam sounded nervous as he awkwardly took off his jumper, aware that Zayn’s eyes were on him.

Zayn gathered what he was doing and looked away. “It’s alright; if you want I can sleep on the couch, if you’re not ready”

“No, I’m alright. Really. You’re my boyfriend, I’m able to share a bed with you, topless – we’ve done it before” Zayn couldn’t help but get a little giddy feeling when Liam reminded him that they were finally together. Liam removed his t-shirt and sat down on the bed. Zayn followed suit while trying not to drool over Liam’s body. Sure, he had seen it before, but not like this, not once he had become his boyfriend. That shouldn’t make a difference, but somehow it did. Zayn stripped down to his boxers and hoped into bed next to Liam.

The couple cuddled together for a little while, then Zayn spoke up “You have no idea how long I’ve waited for this.”

“Huh? How long?” He sounded confused, and he definitely didn't expect what Zayn said next.

“Umm, I realized my feelings for you about a year ago”

“A year? You’ve kept this quiet for a year now?” he was shocked “Why would you keep this hidden for that long?”

“Well, I was just scared you would reject me. I didn’t want to ruin the band by making things awkward between us” Zayn explained.

“Zayn, I would never want that. I just don’t want you to feel like you can’t tell me things. You don’t need to hide away from things; I will always be here for you whatever it is you need. I want you to never feel alone, you can always talk to me”

“Ok, thanks Liam. I will always be here for you too” Zayn said, snuggling down into Liam’s chest.

Liam leaned down and kissed Zayn lightly on the top of his head, “Goodnight babe” he said

Zayn softly kissed his neck, although wishing it could be his lips, and quietly whispered, “Goodnight gorgeous,” he could swear, Liam blushed.

After only a few minutes, even after Zayns afternoon nap, they were both sound asleep in each others arms…

Sorry if this was really crap, it's the worst chapter so far. But please bear with me, the next chapter will be better and longer, i promise although it may take a while to get written - but anyway, it can't be worse than this one right?

Anyway, please remember to vote/fan if you are liking it! and please leave a comment telling me what you think - even if you do think it's bad, tell me how to improve :D