Apologies

Thanks so much for reading this far into the story, i love each and every one of you who reads this fanfic :D That's all, now you may read on:

Liam POV

After getting off the phone with Niall, I knew I had to talk to Zayn. Well, actually, I knew I had to talk to him ever since what happened that night. I just didn’t know how. I guess you could say I was scared. Yep, I’m scared of talking to my best friend. Well, I suppose there is more to it than that but, you know what I mean. I should just man up and go and talk to him. I still don’t know what to say or how to say it. I just hope it will all come to me at the time.

In the morning I got up and decided to try and call Zayn again. I had called him, left messages, and sent texts over and over again in the past few days: none of them have been answered. He’s ignoring me. I don’t see why he shouldn’t anyway, he probably hates me, which is exactly why I need to sort things out and see if he will let me back into his life again. I hate not speaking to him and he's been on my mind every minute of every day since… well… you know what happened. I can’t believe I was so stupid. Why would I even do that? I just lost my best friend over one stupid kiss that didn’t mean anything. The thing is; he hasn’t lost his temper, shouted or said anything bad to me. He’s just completely ignoring me. And that is so much worse. In a way, i wish he would get angry or shout at me... I deserve it anyway. I know he’s hurting, that he's annoyed with me, maybe disappointed.  I wish he would just say something, at least then I would know how he’s feeling; instead he just locks himself in. But then, that’s pretty much what I’m doing too.

I needed to talk to him.

So, I picked up my phone from the table it laid on, and dialled Zayn’s number and listened to it ring. “Hello?” Zayn’s voice sounded rough with sleep from the other end of the line. My breath hitched; he had never actually picked up my calls before, so why would he now?

“Liam?” I questioned, now he gasped. Well, he probably just picked up the phone without looking at the caller ID or thinking about who would be calling him. And now he regrets it. “Um Liam, we need to talk. I-I need to explain what- w-why I” I stuttered with nervousness. I soon heard a ‘beep’ on the other end as Zayn hung up and the line went dead. I felt like crying, had he seriously just hung up on me? He really does hate me. He would never want me back; he doesn’t even want to be friends anymore. That’s the worst thing about it; I had not only lost him as my boyfriend, I had lost him as my friend too. We had been friends ever since we met and I didn’t want that to end now.

Btu for some reason, that gave me more confidence; more determination to talk to him, to fight for him back.

I walked up to his front door about an hour later. I debated whether to knock or not but I figured he wouldn’t let me in if he knew it was me. I had a spare key to his apartment, so I knocked lightly on the door – just to let him know I was here – then unlocked the door with my key and walked cautiously into his hallway. I still had no idea what I was going to say to him, I just knew that if I didn’t say something soon, I might burst with all the emotion I’m holding in.

“What are you doing here?” I heard a low gruff voice sounding unimpressed come from in front of me. I sighed.

“I came to talk, I need to explain”

“No.” he replied defiantly. Why couldn’t he just listen to what I was going to say? Urg, sometimes he could be so stubborn.

“No Zayn, I need to talk to you. I want to fix this.” I tried to explain.

“Why don’t you just leave?” He asked, although it was more of a command.

“I’m not leaving Zayn. I can’t do this anymore, I need to apologise; I want you back in my life” I said and Zayn sighed, probably realizing that I was going nowhere.